General Manager - BCWFC
Birmingham City FC
Birmingham, United Kingdom £35,000 – £40,000
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||General Manager - BCWFC|
|Location||Birmingham, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Events & Operations — Event Management|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Salary||£35,000 – £40,000|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To maintain efficiency of all football administration matters and ensure compliance for BCWFC with all governing body rules and regulations (i.e. The FA, UEFA and FIFA).
• To ensure the Club remains compliant and meets all deadlines as set by the regulatory/ governing bodies.
• The General Manager shall be The FA's primary contact for all league matters and meetings, in particular; commercial, finance, broadcast, facility and fixture related issues and shall ensure that all pertinent information is communicated and cascaded effectively to the relevant personnel in a timely manner.
• Attendance and representation of BCWFC at all FA WSL league meetings and updating and providing relevant information to all BCWFC stakeholders as so required.
• Responsibility for meeting club licence requirements and reporting any related matters in a timely manner.
• Drive the strategic direction and development of the Club in conjunction with the CEO, directors, heads of department and senior staff.
• Line management responsibility for key personnel within the organisation, to include Performance staff, Youth Technical Director, RTC manager and Team Operations Manager.
• Responsibility for fixture planning and subsequent management to deliver against club's plan for fixtures and events, marketing, match-day promotion, and ensure all home match-days run smoothly.
• Supporting the coaching/senior management team on player recruitment, contracting, registration and associated salary management.
• To prepare, maintain and report to the BCFC CEO and Senior Finance Officer all expenditure incurred or committed, in line with the Club Development Fund and to ensure ongoing funding can achieved and all obligations under funding are met.
• To oversee all home match days' operations, including responsibility to recruit, manage and implement general best practice procedures, agreements with extensive volunteer and/or paid work force and appropriate codes of conduct. Reporting any issues or requirements as they so arise.
• Degree or similar in business related subject
Skills & Abilities
• General business/management skills and ideally within a professional sports club environment
• Knowledge of commercial/ business management, ideally within a professional sports related environment
• Experience of managing staff and volunteers
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines
• Must possess excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
• Proven ability to work confidently and effectively with a wide range of people.
• Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and establish credibility and integrity within senior management teams and key stakeholders.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, acting with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to apply attention to detail, to ensure that information is recorded, monitored and analysed appropriately.
• Ability to provide oral and written information clearly and concisely and able to understand and explain matters arising in own area of work.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully deal with conflict
• Experience of senior level operational management, ideally within the WSL or a similar professional sports related environment.
• Experience of developing process, procedures and systems
• Able to work autonomously and on own initiative
• A hands-on approach and strong work ethic is a must
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
• Highly resilient in challenging situations
• Flexible and willingness to learn
• Evidence of continuing professional development
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on the support it offers its employees and as such offers a variety of excellent benefits, for example, contributory pension, life assurance 2 x salary, free car parking, free gym membership, two free season tickets and membership to Blues Loyalty Scheme. If you are offered a position with the company your offer letter will clearly set out the benefits to which you are entitled.
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Birmingham City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.