Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||European Scout|
|Location||Wolverhampton, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
We are Wolves. Progressive, determined, bright, unified and humble. A pack that is hungry for success. Wolves is one of the fastest growing professional football clubs in the UK, and also boasts one of the richest histories in the beautiful game.Formed in 1877, Wolves was a founder member of the Football League, and was one of the country's most successful sides in the fifties and sixties. During a two decade spell the Black Country's most decorated side won three First Division titles and one of its four FA Cups.After a sensational 2017/18 season which saw Wolves clinch the Sky Bet Championship trophy and promotion to the Premier League, the club is now embarking on its first season in the top flight for seven years. But at Wolves it is all about what we will do, not what we have done.We don't simply look to the future, we seize it.
Job purpose The successful individual will be responsible for the review and detailed reporting of identified players and teams to support the Club's recruitment strategy.
• As part of the Senior Recruitment team: identify, review, report on and monitor targets, teams and players to support the Club recruitment strategy.•
Compile and collate reports using a bespoke match and player reporting process to support the talent identification process.• Create presentations of specific teams and players and determine suitability in keeping with the Clubs football philosophy.
• Effectively utilise data as part of the scouting and recruitment process and use it to support a business / sporting case for player signings.
• Actively participate in regular scout meetings (4-6 weekly basis) and clearly articulate rationale and informed conclusions on players.
• Create a network of club, scouting and intermediary contacts to support the scouting process and to allow the opportunity to gain intelligence quickly.• Identify specific game, team and player recruitment related trends to support programme development, highlight areas of focus and inform decisions.
• Use a high level of self-management to organise and coordinate a working schedule, focusing on player priorities and communicate this appropriately at all times. V2 October 2018
• Build strong relationships with the Scouts working across the club to support player monitoring,research and ongoing league, team and player analysis.
• Develop an understanding of the players already at the club, as well as an excellent knowledge of the teams playing styles at Academy and First Team level.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support other departments at the club.
• Act as an ambassador of the Club's safeguarding policies.
• Role model the Club's Values of Progressive, Determined, Bright, Unity & Humble.
General responsibilities• Compliance with Club policies• Compliance with the Club's health and safety procedures• Compliance with the Club's safeguarding policies• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected• To maintain professional conduct at all times
• This role involves working with children and/or vulnerable adults in a Regulated Activity (or in close proximity to children and/or vulnerable adults). This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club's commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people. The post holder will require a fully enhanced DBS Check and up to date Child Protection Certificate.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.