Soccer & Futsal Coaches 2019
Vision Soccer Training
California, United States of America (USA)
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Soccer & Futsal Coaches 2019|
|Location||California, United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Vision Soccer Training &Futsal Factory are looking for qualified soccer and futsal coaches to join their team this summer.
Gain experience working with players of all ages and abilities from 3-year old's to higher level competitive players.
Work for an organization with over 15 years'experience running professional soccer and futsal programs in Northern California.
- Be part of a fun, friendly, professional and supportive team.
- All programs operated in the local area.
- Enjoy monthly staff socials to experience and enjoy the American culture.
Vision Soccer Training has a reputation for offering high level and professional training for teams and individuals in the Sacramento area. All successful applicants will be required to work with teams' individuals,and small and large groups.
Futsal Factory is the official US Youth Futsal affiliated program for the Sacramento area. The company director serves as the US Youth Futsal State Director for Northern California. Coaches will provide futsal instruction through various programs which include week long camps, monthly skills clinics and the Futsal Factory US Youth Futsal elite player academy.
This position provides you with an opportunity to use your knowledge and passion for the game to inspire young American athletes. Spending a summer in the California sunshine is a memorable experience, but it also requires hard work and dedication to your players,teams, and fellow staff members. Your ability to push through long hours and hot days with a positive attitude is paramount in making the most of your experience.
We aim to provide a fun and supportive work environment for all of our staff. We do not demonstrate favoritism – each program is important, and all staff members contribute equally to the success of our programs, regardless of previous coaching experience or certificates.
Who we are looking for:
Generally speaking, successful applicants have the following experience / traits:
On field experience:
- Have experience leading coaching sessions and can draw upon their coaching experience and qualifications to offer exceptional coaching to all players, regardless of age and skill level.
- Know how to manage a group. Coaches must be able to be silly with their teams / players, as well as disciplined and focused so that players have fun, while also progressing in their development.
- Must be able to connect with their players, team coaches, and fellow staff members.
- Can adjust coaching style to match the dynamic of their team.
- Have personal organization skills and good communication. Coaching staff spend the majority of their working hours on the field, away from the office. Therefore, the ability and initiative to manage on-field responsibilities and communicate program specifics in a timely manner to office staff is imperative to the success of our team.
- Have a positive attitude and a genuinely friendly personality. As a coach, you will directly represent the company and interact with the company's customers daily. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Understand the goals and missions of the business and use your expertise to promote programs to current and potential participants.
- Strong work ethic. All coaching staff must be able to work long hours outdoors, in occasionally inclement weather. CA summer temperatures can reach over 110, coaches will be required to coach outdoors in temperatures up to 105 degrees. Some fields have minimal shade.
- Know how to work well with others. We operate in a team environment – all staff members contribute equally to the success of our programs and the success of our programs is dependent on our staff members ability to respect and work well with their peers.
- Ability to contribute to the success of the team as a whole, which includes off-field tasks, such as sending emails, personal phone calls, and attending promotional events.
- Ability to follow rules, timelines and company structure.
The Work Environment:
This is not a set schedule,but a general reference of the working day. Coaching staff will work up to 40 hours per week.
Monday to Friday -
- 8 am to 12:30 – summer camp / coaching & program admin
- 12:30 to 4:00 – break
- 4:00 to 9:00 – Team training / clinics / session planning prep / coaching &program admin
Saturday or Sunday –
- 1.5 to 8 hours of game observations / clinics / coaching & program admin
- Coaching staff will be responsible for working with up to 8 teams a week, delivering the VST training curriculum and helping teams develop both technically and tactically. Skill levels vary widely among teams.
- Team sessions are 90 minutes long, 1 to 2 times per week. Coaching staff must also attend Team games several times a month.
- Coaching staff must create weekly training session plans for each team. Team and Player evaluations are completed each season. Additionally, all Coaching Staff are responsible for game observation reports. Coaching Staff must adhere to the company timelines and posting policies.
Camps / Clinics:
- Summer camps run weekly in the summer months from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm.
- Clinics run nightly from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Participant playing level may range from "new to soccer" to elite player.
Requirements of all positions
- Sports science/coaching related degree (must have already graduated).
- Soccer Coaches - FA Level 2 license – minimum.
- Futsal Coaches – FA Level 2 license – minimum.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience coaching children of all ages and skill levels.
- Clean UK Driving License – Employment dependent on proof of license.
- No Criminal Convictions – must pass a background check
- Must obtain a visa allowing you to work in the US, this includes submitting paperwork and attending embassy interviews prior to arriving in the US. We will assist successful applicants with the logistics and details of this process.
- This position requires staff to work and live together.
- Must possess personal computer and android phone to complete the functions of the job.
- All staff must attend weekly staff meetings and monthly coaches' clinics.
Full-Time Soccer Coach (June-Sept)
Full-Time Futsal Coach(June-Sept)
Contracts past September available for suitable candidates.
Vehicle and accommodation included.
Full Hummel Training Uniform.
Staff Social Activities.
Travel& visa reimbursement.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Vision Soccer Training is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.