U23 Assistant Coach
Reading, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||U23 Assistant Coach|
|Location||Reading, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
To follow and implement the Academy philosophy whilst contributing to its evolution
• To ensure a thorough working knowledge of the content and functions of the Academy performance plan
.• To work as part of a multidisciplinary support team involving, but not restricted to,performance analysts, sports scientists, physiotherapists, psychologists, operational and administrative staff
.• To ensure player welfare is always the primary consideration in all player activities
.• To arrive to the relevant facility at least 30 minutes prior to training sessions and at least 90 minutes before home games or 60 minutes before away games (based on kickoff time)
.• To attend all staff meetings (unless exceptional circumstances apply)
.• To support the daily, weekly and cyclical transport requirements of the Professional Development Phase
.• To support the lead U23s coach and maintain a current and up to date status with all work and communication involving the performance management application (including coaching sessions, game details and all aspects of the individual learning plans (ILP's)
• To debrief 1 to 1 with U23 players on game performance weekly• To work on individual technical aspects with U23 players
• To observe U17/18 games where possible to identify potential U23 players
• To be responsible for age group equipment, ensuring it is fit for use at all times and checked in/out.
• To take an active role in the induction process for trialists, providing a positive reflection of the Academy philosophy to all parties involved (e.g. player, parents)
• To ensure a 3 x 7's report is completed for each trialist for each game and submitted to the Academy recruitment department
.• To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Reading Football Club and its operation
• To be presentable at all times when working and demonstrate that you can represent the face of the club in the manner expected
• To maintain Reading Football Club's Safeguarding (Child Protection), Health, Safety and Equal Opportunity procedures and practice
• To act in a manner that supports the Club's Vision and Values at all times
If you have the relevant qualifications and feel that this role would suit you, please complete the attached application form and return to email@example.com along with a covering letter and CV.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Reading FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.