Head Coach – India Men’s Senior National Team
All India Football Federation
New Delhi, India
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head Coach – India Men’s Senior National Team|
|Location||New Delhi, India, Asia|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The Head Coach will work closely with the National Team Department, the National Team Director, Technical Director and the General Manager – Strategy and Operations to strengthen the position and performances of the Men's Senior National Team.
- To report regularly to the AIFF General Secretary and the Technical Committee and work in close cooperation with the National Team Department, the National Team Director, Technical Director and the General Manager – Strategy and Operations
- The primary purpose of the position is to select, monitor and prepare the Senior Men's National Team and the U23 Men's National Team for the various matches and competitions with qualification to AFC Asian Cup 2023 and AFC U-23 Championship 2022 and a remarkable performance in the Asian Games 2022 among key targets.
- To provide advice to the General Secretary and the Technical Director in respect of technical matters generally.
- To lead and drive team culture and harmony with players and staff and to achieve professional excellence that aligns with AIFF's expectations.
- Lead strategic, tactical, technical, team selection and team culture direction of the Men's Senior National Team.
- Attend and lead the team at all matches, training sessions and camps of the relevant National Team.
- Provide direction, support and advice to coaching staff on all on-field matters relating to the National Team.
- Allocate tasks and duties to assistant coaches and manage their performance to meet expected standards
- Liaise with the team medical & physio staff with regard to rehabilitation/training and the availability of injured players
- Work with National Team staff to ensure the team has the appropriate medical, conditioning and other necessary support services.
- Cooperate with the Technical Director to assist in the mentoring of the other Indian coaches
- Provide mentoring to other National team (age-group and women) coaches from time to time, developing their coaching skills and effectiveness
- Observe performance of players and coaches in lower age-groups when not occupied with senior national team scouting, camps and competitions
- Participate in seminars/workshops/conferences organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS)/ Sports Authority of India (SAI), as permitted by the National Team schedule
- Provide advice to the General Secretary, General Manager – Strategy and Operations and the National Team department on off-field matters relating to the National Team, when required.
- Provide advice and assessment of performance of the National Team to the General Secretary, Technical Committee, Technical Director, National Team Director and General Manager – Strategy and Operations.
- Upon request, consult with the Technical Director and National Team Director in relation to the technical direction and development of football in India.
- Provide strong leadership to the playing and coaching groups that encourages a supportive team environment.
- Understanding of industry best practice with respect to talented player development, sports science, game plan and game sense, use of available technology and skills development
- Positive working relationship with President, General Secretary, Technical Director, Media and other relevant administrative staff.
- Good working relationship and cooperation with the media and communications department
- Mandatory cooperation with AIFF on media and other appearances and promotions to meet commercial (including media, sponsor and broadcast commitments) and game promotion requirements, including social media, website and e-learning as directed by AIFF.
- Be able to conduct any media related interviews, press conferences or filming requests pre-approved by AIFF. Also represent the Federation where requested at official functions, events and initiatives.
- Communicate effective and consistent media messages.
- Role model & ambassador of AIFF.
- Develop sound working relationship with AIFF partners, corporate sponsors & media
- Annual Review – conducted by General Secretary, Technical Director and General Manager – Strategy and Operations
Key Requirements – Football & Operational
- Minimum of 10-15 years of coaching experience at the elite youth and senior level football
- Experience as the first team coach (head coach) of the senior national team will be preferred with experience of coaching in the world cup and continental championship qualifiers an advantage
- Minimum of AFC/UEFA Pro license or equivalent
- Experience as a football player (not necessarily at the highest national level)
- Ability to further develop the current team/staff performance environment into a consistently successful one.
- Efficient – plan much in advance and make the best use of the available resources and deliver within the budget.
- Have the ability to be resourceful and manage the players and staff to a high level of football and personal excellence within budgetary guidelines.
- Sound experience in management of relationships; understanding needs, cultural sensitivity and working with AIFF partners including media and sponsors
- Leadership, strategic and networking skills
- Willingness to share knowledge and mentor other national team and Indian coaches
- A dynamic, confident communicator with the ability to adapt style and approach as and when required
- Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to prioritise team objectives over individual objectives
- Respectful – Create a truthful, hard working environment that fosters a respectful atmosphere within the team and with other technical and administrative staff.
- Highest standards of professional and personal conduct, especially confidentiality, and respect for colleagues
- Willingness to cooperate with and support AIFF's media and digital requirements
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve desired outcomes
Only shortlisted candidates will be called and they may be asked to make a presentation and/or attend an interview at a time & date which will be communicated on the e-mail ID provided by the shortlisted applicant.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
All India Football Federation is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.