Academy Head Coach
Peterborough United FC
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Head Coach|
|Location||Peterborough, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Reports to: Lead Phase Coach & Academy Head of Coaching
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Hours: 2 training sessions 1 game day per week.
To manage a specific age group within the academy according to the academy methodology.
To lead 2 coaching sessions and one game day per week during the season.
The job holder will be responsible for all aspects of managing a specific age group within the academy.
The job holder will be required to plan and deliver 2 coaching sessions per week and lead the squad on a match day.
The job holder will be responsible for uploading all information required to the Performance Management Application.
The job holder will be responsible for assisting the Foundation Phase in meeting EFL rules and mandatory requirements to ensure that through technical visits and match observations the Academy meets Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) requirements fora Category 3 academy.
The job holder will be required to work closely with the other members of academy staff.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- UEFA 'B' Coaching Licence
- In date Safeguarding Certificate
- EFAiF First Aid Qualification
- FA Coaches Club Licence
- FA Youth Award
- Knowledge and understanding of FA & EFL rules relating to Youth Development
- Experience of working within a strategic environment to support the long term development of players
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Organisational and administrational skills
- Ability to work within a team effectively and efficiently
- Enthusiasm towards the role and its requirements
- Knowledge of the local area
- Links within the local grassroots game
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Experience working within Academy Football
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To maintain accurate records of training and match outcomes using the Performance Management Application
- To attend and contribute to the departments in service CPD programme.
- To plan and deliver effective, innovative session plans in line with EPPP requirements.
- To be the lead coach for a specific age group within the academy (whilst working across other age groups) in accordance to the academy methodology.
- To ensure the Performance Management Application is up to date, including the addition of Individual Learning Plans for players.
- To support the Head of Recruitment in the recruitment of players.
- To create positive links with local grassroots clubs.
- To adopt a flexible approach to ensure all activities are safe and enjoyable and are inclusive.
- Take part in all available CPD opportunities to gain further knowledge and increase the high standards of delivery.
- To be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are implemented, and recorded as required.
- Attend any relevant training requirements e.g. first aid, safeguarding children.
- Being a first point of contact for parents.
- Assist in the arrangement of additional fixtures when necessary.
- Arrange and deliver mid-season and end of season review meetings for your specific squad.
- To play a major part in the development of players at Peterborough United as part of along-term plan to produce players capable of representing the 1st team.
- To work closely with the other academy coaches.
- Good communication skills
- Development focussed
- High professional standards
- Good timekeeper
- Be a strong problem solver
- A positive and pro-active attitude
- Smart appearance
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge and qualifications within the sports industry
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of issues and people
Peterborough United Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status,age, disability or ethnic origin.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Peterborough United FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.