Event Planning & Integration Programme Senior Manager
FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Event Planning & Integration Programme Senior Manager|
|Location||Doha, Qatar, Asia|
|Function||Events & Operations — Event Management|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Friday, 26th April 2019 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Division: Planning and Integration
Sub-Division: Department Project & Knowledge Management Hierarchy
Level: Senior Manager
Reports to: Planning and Integration Director
FIFA and the Qatar LOC have recently created a new Joint Venture which is responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The role of the Planning and Integration Senior Manager is to set the path forward and coordinate the development of operating plans for all FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC functions and projects.
The Head of Planning and Integration provides structure to the planning activities for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC and guides the development of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC operational capability, in the right order, at the right time, the right pace and with the right people.
The Planning and Integration Senior Manager will integrate separate work streams such as Client/Function planning, Venue planning, infrastructure planning and operational readiness planning.
During the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC planning lifecycle, the Planning and Integration Senior Manager will support agreement on operations scope through definition of priorities for each client group and coordinate functions and venue teams in the iterative production of function and venue operating plans.
- Play a key role in the recruitment and training of a suitably qualified and experienced Planning and Integration team.
- Motivate, develop and support staff according to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC workforce strategy, policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage the Planning and Integration team in order to:
- Coordinate mapping of client group journeys and analysis and prioritisation of client group service levels.
- Support the development and definition of operational function scope.
- Coordinate the development of operating plans from generic function/project to event time function/project plans.
- Ensure alignment of function/project plans with venue plans.
- Ensure appropriate operating policies are defined in relevant operating plans.
- Develop tournament wide contingency operating plans and ensure resilience in function/project plans in alignment with venue operating plans.
- Support the Project Management function with monitoring and reporting of progress on operational planning, risk management and issues to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC Executive.
- Integrate with other function staff to foster collaborative working across the organisation.
- Provide periodic updates to the Director of Planning and Integration and senior leadership on progress and issues as required.
- Remain flexible in order to support other FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC projects, in addition to those outlined above.
- Participate in the on-going review of the Planning and Integration budget, identifying possible operational and financial efficiencies.
- Responsibilities of the role will evolve during the lifespan of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC planning cycle and into event operations.
- Support the implementation of the C4 Concept of Operations which will facilitate effective communication, decision making, information flows and the resolution of issues at operations time. C4 will also lead on the Event wide management systems and tools to support the C4 architecture, design and deliver the Tournament Operations Centre, and enable integration with external delivery partners and stakeholders.
- Support to FIFA for the delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar Knowledge Management Programme
Qualifications and experience
- Major events experience:
0 A strong working knowledge of major event management.
0 Good functional knowledge across event operational functions as well as dependencies with the venues and infrastructure programme.
0 Previous experience in a central planning role from more than one major event.
- Operational planning role:
0 Experience of stakeholder management, including analytical and people skills and integrating a diverse group of stakeholders.
0 Experience developing, communicating and implementing actionable, succinct operating plans.
0 Ability to identify key operational decisions that need to be made, design improved policies and plans and identify dependencies and constraints that impact on-going decision making.
0 Experience of implementing a strategic plan; aligning operational plans at all levels within a governance framework and in an integrated manner.
0 Experience of developing strategic contingency plans.
0 Builds co-operative and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
0 Communicates regularly with key individuals to ensure continuity of information.
0 Project management
0 Proven track record in managing complex projects, preferably international sports events
0 Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and under pressure.
0 Uses judgement to assess levels of risk and ability to implement mitigation measures
0 Team management
0 Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision and cooperatively within a team situation.
0 Previous experience of working in different cultures and managing a diverse team.
0 Experience or knowledge of local culture will be an added benefit.
0 Ability to communicate direction with a clear vision of success.
0 Inspires and motivates others.
0 Delegates effectively and enables others to achieve.
0 Collaborates effectively to ensure delivery of mutual objectives.
- Budgetary responsibility
0 Previous experience of managing financial resources and associated budgets
- University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education)
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) and understanding of project management software
- Fluency in English and other languages are an added benefit
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 skills framework
Capacity to work in a team and to contribute to the accomplishment of shared objectives. Ability to share information and knowledge with colleagues at all levels (equals, superiors and subordinates), within unit and towards other units / divisions.
Ability to identify, construct and maintain a network of support contacts to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
Inclination to dedicate oneself to one's responsibilities, to care about the quality and to assume the consequences of one's own actions and/or decisions.
Capacity to break new ground, look for different solutions, come up with fresh ideas. To think and act unconventionally.
Ability to objectively analyse one's behaviour and action, to identify shortcomings, question oneself and learn from one's mistakes.
Ability to lead one's contacts/colleagues/partners to produce the expected results (by persuasion or compulsion if necessary), to encourage teamwork by favouring co-operation.
Ability to recognise situations requiring a (rapid) decision and to take that decision, to take initiatives and calculated risks, explore different solutions, act promptly to the unexpected.
Ability to see the global impact of the development of the environment on the organisation, to anticipate the consequences of one's decisions, to acquire a view of the organisation's missions and to elaborate a strategy.
Capacity to achieve constructive and positive results for the organisation by tangibly influencing others while taking account of their needs and expectations.
Start Location Doha, Qatar Moving date N/A
Final Location Doha, Qatar End date N/A
The position is located at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 HQ Doha
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.