Media and Press Officer
Accrington Stanley FC
Accrington, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Media and Press Officer|
|Location||Accrington, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Media, Marketing & Communications — Digital/Social Media|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Sunday, 19th May 2019 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
This role will act as the official representative for the club, handling all matters relating to the media providing effective internal and external communication activities.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience working in a communications, PR or journalists role preferably gained within a football
Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to act as a spokesperson for the club.
The position will operate on a flexi-hours policy, and as well as normal
weekday flexible hours media duties you must be available to work every
home and away match day and match evenings and throughout the football
The key responsibilities include:
- To act as the official representative of the club, to handle all matters
relating to the media, developing good working relationships with them
- To answer enquiries from the press or other media representatives
- To organise and oversee press conferences, media events and
- Arranging press accreditation
- Leading with all pre and post-match media interviews
- Leading in coordinating player's photo opportunities, media events and
- Monitoring social media platforms, observing and reporting on social,
economic and political trends which may affect the club.
- Lead and support in writing and distributing club statements, press
releases and news reports about the Club
- Developing media contacts and PR activities
- Collating and monitoring media coverage with recommendations on
- Distributing press releases
- Keeping up-to-date with all media issues that affect the club
- Leading in generating ideas to gain more media coverage
The position is open for an immediate start to the right candidate.
Accrington Stanley FC is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome
applications from all sections of the community
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Accrington Stanley FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.