Academy Physical Development Coach
Tottenham Hotspur FC
London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Physical Development Coach|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Interview date: 12 August 2019
Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which now includes a new, state of the art stadium.
The Club operates out of multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre in Enfield where the vacant position of Academy Physical Development Coach is based. The successful candidate will work within an established multidisciplinary medical team with a proven track record of impeccable success in elite rehabilitation delivery.
The job holder needs to be flexible and work irregular hours (eg, evenings/Saturdays/Sundays/bank holidays). Leave to be taken during the closed season (June).
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Plan and implement programmes specific to biological age, S&C and Football needs of each individual, in-line with the Academy Physical Development Philosophy framework.
- Deliver late-stage reconditioning pitch and gym sessions/programmes
- Liaise with coaches to help structure and manage the training week.
- Work with the clubs Nutritionists to implement effective nutritional strategies
- Maintain accurate data records to help guide physical programmes, support the coaching staff to design training sessions on an individual level, and direct in-house research
- Provide sport science support at home and away matches, plus relevant Academy National/International tournaments and training camps.
- To be organised, pro-active and innovative.
- To execute duties in a professional and conscientious manner and be an impressive member of staff.
- When required, assist the implementation of academy-wide physical development programmes.
- Conduct physical testing in-line with EPPP and Tottenham Hotspur protocols.
- To flag any issues or concerns to the Head of Academy Physical Development or Medical Safeguarding Officer.
- To attend refresher and development training when necessary, eg: safeguarding, first aid and H&S.
-Help with the upkeep of both academy and First Team gyms and general housekeeping.
- To be aware of emergency procedures and the Health and Safety at Work Act relating to the various sites.
- Ensure a strict code of confidentiality in respect to any information linked to Tottenham Hotspur.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position/grade.
- To be responsible for high quality support to the Head of Academy Physical Development
- To be work-focused, highly self-motivated and a good role model for young people and the Club.
- Maintain high standards of punctuality, appearance and manner.
- To promote the welfare of players, ethics and a safeguarding ethos.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Sports Science or Strength & Conditioning or equivalent
- Postgraduate Degree in Sports Science or Strength & Conditioning or equivalent (desirable)
- Track record (post-internship) delivering effective Sports Science programmes in Elite Sport, preferably in Football
- UKSCA Accreditation (desirable)
- EXOS Performance Mentorships plus FMS Certification (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills
- Current Safeguarding Children certificate and First Aid (desirable)
- Solid written and spoken communication skills – Level 2 minimum or equivalent (eg, GCSE English)
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Tottenham Hotspur FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.