Head Athletic Trainer
New York Red Bulls
New York, United States of America (USA)
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head Athletic Trainer|
|Location||New York, United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The New York Red Bulls are one of 24 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. RBA, a state-of-the-art 25,000-seat stadium, is widely regarded as the top soccer-specific stadium in North America. The club is owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
The Head Athletic Trainer will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for a professional soccer team. In this capacity, the trainer will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for players' medical problems. The performance of duties will be under the direction and supervision of the MLS Medical Director and the designated Team Physician.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Required to perform the job)
- The trainer will work closely with the Head Coach and Sporting Director on a daily basis.
- A year-round employee, the Trainer will attend all training, scrimmages, and home and away games.
- Performs as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of players.
- Health care included, but is not limited to, first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, and application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Comply with OSHA standards with regard to blood borne pathogens.Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment.
- Keep training room and clinic area safe, clean and organized.
- Maintain player medical records and submit computerized injury and treatment reports as required by MLS in a timely fashion.Initiate insurance/worker's compensation claims for players.
- Compile reports as required by MLS.
- Provide medical assistance to the Team Physician.Under the direction of the supervising Physician, assist the organization and maintenance of pharmaceutical inventory and records.
- Organize physical examinations as required by MLS regulations.Supervise assistant trainers, aides and volunteers as applicable.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, other team personnel, and MLS staff.
- Comply with all MLS medical policies, protocol, and Game Operations Manual.
- Counsel players in regard to dietary needs, nutritional supplements, and League and FIFA banned substances.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- On a limited basis, participate in community service/educational programs related to sports medicine.
- Participate in activities/meetings/programs as required by MLS.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills and an understanding of the medical soccer industry.
- Ability to resolve concerns expeditiously and independently.
- Able to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills, be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Capable of delegating effectively and acknowledging accomplishments; communicates plans and information to staff in timely manner; promotes teamwork and cooperation within the department.
- Ability to set timelines, implement decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in planning processes; ability to understand, and commitment to integrate the contributions to be made through this function; assessing, allocating and supervising the use of resources (material, staff, capital) in a prudent and orderly manner; monitoring, measuring and taking corrective actions required to achieve targeted results.
- Candidate must have strong leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Lotus Notes.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required.
- A preferred Master's degree in Sports Medicine or related health care field OR equivalent training/certification/registered physical therapist and experience in lieu of degree (minimum 5-7 years) and a Bachelor's degree will be considered.
- Certified Athletic Trainer, NATAIn good standing with NATACurrent CPR certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Minimum five (5) years certified athletic trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with team sportsu2003
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequently lift up to 50 lbs. and work long hours during physically demanding shifts.
- Frequently stand for up to 2 hours and be able to run to respond to incidents at a moment's notice.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
Red Bull New York provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees.
Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and a paid time-off program.Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
New York Red Bulls is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.