Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Marketing Manager|
|Location||Singapore, Singapore, Asia|
|Function||Media, Marketing & Communications — Marketing & Communications|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
REPORTING TO: Fan Engagement Lead, APAC
JOB FUNCTION: With a focus on China, you will be responsible for devising and implementing Chelsea FC's fan engagement strategy. You will own the day-to-day management, optimisation and reporting across the region in order to grow, engage and convert our fan base.
LOCATION: Singapore with travel around APAC
Chelsea Football Club is a professional English football team who's been based in the heart of London, for over 100 years. Steeped in history, it's one of the world's most successful, most supported and most valuable clubs.
Every day, millions of fans across the globe follow the team as they compete at the highest level of the game.
This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the next chapter of Chelsea FC's growth in APAC. To not only further fuel existing fans' passion for the Club but to also grow the brand far beyond where it stands today.
As Marketing Manager, you will work in a fast-paced, start-up mindset environment. Working as part of an ambitious team in Singapore, tasked with driving an ambitious digital marketing agenda across the region. Whilst simultaneously collaborating with the London Head Office, where together we strive to win both on and off the pitch.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
Strategy and Planning
- In partnership with the Fan Engagement Lead and focusing on China, you will define and implement the full end-to-end digital strategy for APAC – including Content, CRM and web visitor growth.
- Identify new opportunities for the Club, from new tech platforms to brand partnerships that help meet our objectives.
- Gain a deep understanding of our fan base across the region to ensure an insights-based approach to marketing.
- Partner with the Supporters Club Marketing Manager to define and bring all Supporters Club and Fan Club initiatives to APAC.
Data analysis and performance
- Obsess over key metrics and be accountable for the digital performance across APAC, working with the Global Performance Marketing team.
- Manage the structure for how we measure and report on all APAC markets to be presented and shared across the business.
- Work closely with the Digital, Insights & Performance teams to gather insights on local language platform performance.
- Conduct ongoing website analysis to understand traffic and conversion performance.
- Identify opportunities and make strategic recommendations to optimize local websites and apps.
- Develop a test and learn framework to further improve engagement rates across all platforms and touch points, including CRM, in order to continually refine initiatives.
- Manage and own the day-to-day relationship with Agency partners.
- Take the lead in briefing Agencies to articulate requirements for APAC.
- Lead on all Fan Engagement marketing plans in the APAC market, working with our in-house creative studio, Comms team, Chelsea TV and external partners to own the full social, digital, comms, platform and experiential activation.
- Manage the rest of the APAC marketing team, to ensure they are delivering against Club and team expectations.
- Oversee trigger campaigns for APAC, for example weekly newsletters, including adaption, execution and performance monitoring.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
- Increase of website traffic, app downloads and RMAU's and database growth in APAC.
- Frequent reporting across all priority markets, both through written reports and presentations to senior leadership.
- Management of all agency partners in APAC, budget management and hitting all agreed KPIs.
- Incremental growth of Supporter Clubs and Fan Club sign-up in APAC.
- Quality of content/experiential activities in APAC markets.
- Excellent time, organisational and project management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Deliver work to a high standard with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in both managing Agency relationships as well as a team reporting into you.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good relationships with colleagues.
- Understanding key tools and platforms: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Mandarin speaking.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and growing digital marketing specialist to join a leading Premier League Club.
- If you're looking to make a genuine impact and leave a lasting mark on the Club, please apply with your CV.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises.
Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Chelsea FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.