Los Angeles Football Club
Los Angeles, United States of America (USA)
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Director, Operations|
|Location||Los Angeles, United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Events & Operations — Event Management|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Friday, 20th September 2019 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC's ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world's game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Director, Operations is responsible for the daily activities required to operate, maintain, and service both the stadium (including event and non event days) and training facility. Acts as liaison between the organization and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Oversee the following department: Operations, AV Tech, Engineering, and Housekeeping.
- Direct, supervise, and schedule all aspects of facility operations, including; Utility, Engineering, Janitorial, and Changeover.Coordinate with related departments and event related contractors to assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
- Implement and update operational safety and service rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of operational related directives to other departments.
- Oversee development and communication of all pertinent operation related information to ensure consistent best practices.
- Partner with department head in preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and all capital budgets for upcoming year.
- Authorize the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
- Manage inventory of all equipment and assets for the facility.
- Ensure all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures exist and are being adhered to.
- Partner with the Director of Security in developing, updating, and implementing fire/life safety, emergency and OSHA procedures for employees and guests.
- Conduct periodic staff meetings with department to ensure consistent best practices.
- Work closely with the General Manager and VP, Operations in preparing and negotiating service agreements for both stadium and training facility. Review all contracts for compliance with events and/or government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Act as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies.
- Coordinate and oversee special projects, such as construction, remodeling or expansion as requested.
- Liaison for outside vendors/contractors work to ensure compliance with contracts and safety requirements.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Serves as MOD (Manager on Duty) as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Facilities Management, or related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years management experience in Operations/Facility Management required, experience in a union environment preferred.
- Knowledge of operational practices and procedures related to events, field set-up, and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and make sound decisions while working under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work activities effectively and use time efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several projects at one time both individually and through cross functional teams.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, event documents and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Possess a professional demeanor and has the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of the following computer programs: CAD and Microsoft Office (including, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must possess a current and valid California Drivers License.
- Forklift certification preferred.Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Los Angeles Football Club is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.