Sheffield United FC
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Location||Sheffield, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Casual, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Salary: £16.50 per hour
Sheffield United FC Academy is looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed physiotherapist's/ sports therapist to join our Part-Time Medical Team. Successful candidates should be self-motivated and driven by both personal development and that of the players in our Academy system.
The main role of Part-Time Medical staff will include but is not exclusive to:
- Providing home and away the pitch-side medical cover of Sunday fixtures across pre-Academy, Foundation and Youth phase age groups (U9 – U15) at least 2 matches a month
- Use of PMA to generate injury report, WRP individually, SOAP note and general medical note (internal handover) following the clinical reasoning and RTP pathway of SUFC
- Covering the evening clinic and Saturday matches and FP/YP tournaments (domestic/abroad) occasionally.
- Liaising with Full-Time medical staff in the treatment and management of injured players.
- Partake in weekly Continued Professional Development (CPD) of Sports Physiotherapy Programme, including compulsory pitch-side/trauma teaching session.
This role places a particularly strong emphasis on the ability to cover the pitch-side of our Sunday matches (at least 2 matches a month) and this will be your priority in your role with us.
The following are essential criteria for this role:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy/ Society of Sports Therapists.
- Member of the hcpc/SST.
- Experience in working in a musculoskeletal setting.
The following are desirable criteria for this role:
- Experience in working pitch-side and certify the pitch-side qualification (ITMMiF).
- Previous experience with the Premier League PMA.
- Hold current DBS checked.
- The Full UK driving licence with access to a car.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Sheffield United FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.