Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Norwich City FC
Norwich, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Senior Academy Physiotherapist|
|Location||Norwich, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The Norwich City Football Club Academy is looking to recruit a full-time Senior Academy Physiotherapist. The successful individual must be motivated and enthusiastic with proven experience within Physiotherapist roles.
The successful individual will be tasked with supporting our Sports Science and Medical department and will be responsible for delivering assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries within the Academy, whilst leading on the U18 Squad.
Reporting into the Lead Academy Physiotherapist, this exciting opportunity involves working 40 hours over the course of the week with responsibilities at evenings and weekends covering competitive fixtures and training.
Your experience in physiotherapy will play a key role in the following;
- Maintain high standard of medical care to all Academy players and trialists as directed by the Head of Sports Science and Medicine;
- Deliver excellent standards of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries;
- Liaise with the Lead Physiotherapist in the treatment Academy players;
- Communicate effectively with Sports Science and Medicine colleagues and liaise with relevant coaches with regard to injuries and player well-being;
- To ensure all training and matches is adequately covered with suitably qualified medical staff with reference to EPPP Guidelines;
- Be responsible for fully documenting injuries and maintaining confidentiality in accordance with governing body and EPPP guidelines. Additionally, help maintain records of maturation, well-being and match statistics;
- In conjunction with relevant staff within the Sport Science and Medicine team, to complete phase specific profiling and assessments and use the information gathered to generate and implement injury prevention programmes to be carried out during the season; and
- Assist any other member of the Medical team at Norwich City in any role deemed appropriate.
The role would ideally suit a candidate with the organisational skills and attention to detail to maintain an efficient working CAT 1 Academy of which aims to create an efficient environment for producing young professional football players.
You will need to have excellent communication skills to create strong working relationships both internally and externally, with staff, parents, and suppliers. It is also essential for you to have proven experience of time management and meeting deadlines for the fast paced and exciting working
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to begin a career within the Academy at a Premier League Football Club.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Norwich City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.