Academy Operations Manager
Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Brighton, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Operations Manager|
|Location||Brighton, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||HR & Administration — Admin & Secretarial|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Hours: This is a full-time role requiring flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
Location: Lancing, The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre. On occasions, you may be required to travel nationally and internationally.
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Benefits: Club Pension Scheme | Group Life Protection | Club discounts & offers
Roles and responsibilities
1. To project manage the audit process.
2. To co-ordinate the Academy games programme on match days.
3. To co-ordinate the facilities usage of the academy.
4. To significantly improve our games programme with more overseas opposition abroad and at the training ground.
5. To co-ordinate overseas trips and tours for all academy teams, pre visits, pre-tournament paperwork from parents, players and staff, risk assessments, safeguarding policies adhered too, post trip paperwork in conjunction with the academy secretary.
6. To co-ordinate the arrangements of all overseas and long-distance teams, arranging accommodation and travel and generally their entire stay whilst visiting our club.
7. To co-ordinate loans for academy players outside the football pyramid.
8. To provide quality control for the PMA on a weekly basis to make sure all coaches, players and parents are using it as they should be.
9. To keep up to date with all youth development rules and regulations.
10. To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team to help with the smooth running of the Academy.
11. To accommodate overseas guests/visitors of the training ground.
12. To meet parents and players as when necessary.
13. To attend meetings on behalf of the club and Academy both internal and external as requested.
14. To assist the Academy Manager in dealing with the major stakeholders – Premier League (PL), English Football League (EFL), The Football Association (FA).
15. To research projects in youth development as assigned by senior academy staff.
16. To help ensure that all Academy rules and protocols are being followed by staff and players.
17. To manage the academy transport system.
18. To assist in meetings with player agents and contracts.
General duties and accountabilities
- To support Brighton & Hove Albion FC and AITC in their aims and objectives at all times.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant club policies, including health and safety policies.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the charity, club and its personnel.
- To represent Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and AITC in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- To uphold and live our Team Brighton Values; Treat people well, Exceed Expectations, Aim high (never give up) and Make it special.
- To be a champion of equality and diversity in the workplace and treat all staff, customers, sponsors, clients and applicants with fairness, dignity and respect.
- To report incidents of any form of discrimination through the correct channels.
- To promote best practice in safeguarding and create an environment that is safe for children young people and vulnerable adults.
- To report safeguarding concerns through the correct channels.
- To ensure that any safeguarding training and certificates are kept up to date.
Qualifications & Experience
- GCSE in Math & English at Grade C (or higher)
- Experience of working within a professional football Academy environment in a related or similar role
- Understanding of EPPP and Category 1 requirements
- Experience in managing projects within a sporting environment
- Good understanding of all Academy functions and the synchronicity between them
- Experience in overseas trips and tours
- Good recording and reporting skills
- Experience of putting together timetables in a football environment
- Competent IT skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and the PMA
- Competent overall level of numeracy and literacy
- A "can do" attitude, an innovative thinker
- Presents solutions rather than problems
- A genuine team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to suit different ages
- Proactive attitude within the role
- Excellent written skills
- Quality focus – takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks
- Drive and energy – demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving set objectives
- Self-Development – is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement
- A high level of confidentiality
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent)
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
Applicants must provide an accurate account of their professional skills and experience in the form of a C.V, and proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and Albion in the Community are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and Albion in the Community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Brighton & Hove Albion FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.