Head of Coaching
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head of Coaching|
|Location||Middlesbrough, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen at Middlesbrough Football Club for a Head of Coaching for our Category 1 Academy to work as an integral member of the Academy Management Team to lead, manage and represent the Coaching Department in all aspects of the Academy Performance Plan.
- To manage and monitor the implementation and development of the coaching programme, including areas of the coaching curriculum, coaching and playing philosophy
- To continue to develop and deliver an appropriate Coaching Competency Framework for all coaching staff, both fulland part time.
- To ensure that all KPIs are met and maintained in line with EPPP rules and regulations
- To ensure that all staff receive the opportunity to undertake continuous personal development through internal and external sessions and maintain their personal qualifications.
- Actively represent the Coaching Department as part of the Academy Management Team and as part of the Technical Board of the Club
- To research current methodologies in coaching/teaching, player development and industry best practice to enhance our elite Academy
- Support the Lead Phase Coaches to ensure all PMA data is up to date
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
- A Level 4 UEFA A Licence. The Pro Licence qualification would be advantageous
- Completed the FA Advanced Youth Award
- Significant experience of managing at a strategic level within an elite sporting environment, with specific reference to player and coach development
- A full understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
- Proven experience/a qualification in the area of coach mentoring/development and be able to create and develop a high performance coaching team and culture
- An education in one of the other disciplines associated with elite performance, such as psychology, education,sport science
- A basic First Aid for Sport qualification or current EFAiF, or approved equivalent
- A flexible approach to working hours to facilitate meeting all the demands of the role, including evening and weekend commitments and frequent travel, and thrive on the challenges of working in a professional sport
- Eligibility to work in the UK and have a full driving license
- Respect and commitment to promoting diversity and equal opportunities
The role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and an attractive salary is offered, which will be discussed with shortlisted candidates at interview stage.
How to Apply
If you would like to be part of a committed team who value humility, respect and honesty please download the application form and Monitoring Form below, complete both and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held week commencing 21 October 2019
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Middlesbrough FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.