Coaching Coordinator & Lecturer/Researcher
Hogeschool Van Amsterdam
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Coaching Coordinator & Lecturer/Researcher|
|Location||Amsterdam, Netherlands, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
COACHING COORDINATOR (MANAGEMENT TEAM) AND LECTURER/RESEARCHER (0,5 -1,0 FTE)
For both our international English Bachelor Degree programme Sport Studies - track International Sports, Management & Business (ISMB) and our Dutch Bachelor Degree programme Sportkunde - leerroute Sport Management & Ondernemen (SM&O). Within these two programmes, students focus on sports, management and business, in which sports is used to develop personal, managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
As a member of the Management Team (MT) and a lecturer/researcher you:
- coordinate the coaching /personal professional development stream of both undergraduate programmes;
- are part of the management team (MT) and therefore your responsibility is to be a strategic thinker in the management team with an innovative way of thinking and a strong desire to professionalise the world of sport;
- have a strong vision for internationalisation of education;
- are able to lecture in the sport management programmes;
- will be responsible, together with other MT members, for the hr reviews of teaching staff and yearly development discussions and plans of the programmes;
- have a desire and experience to carry out research regarding the development of the coaching curriculum;
- will follow and implement relevant developments in the faculty and in the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences institute.
What are we looking for
Candidates should have the following qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- a master in sport management/sport development/educational science or psychology related field;
- a background in coaching /personal professional development;
- international experience/network;
- cultural awareness, sensitivity and empathy;
- lecturing/teaching experience in sport management or related field;
- a teaching certificate, or obtain one within a set period;
- designing and implementing learning experiences in higher education;
- coaching students;
- excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills;
- (near) native fluency in English and preferably speaking/understanding Dutch. Non-native Dutch speakers are very welcome to apply (English level IELTS 7,5 and an English language test might be part of the application procedure);
- heart for sport and head for business.
The Bachelor Programme
Sport Studies - track ISMB, an international curriculum taught in English is a very popular programme with more than 50 nationalities in our student body. Alongside Sport Studies - track ISMB, we also offer a programme called Sportkunde - track SM&O, taught in Dutch. In total we have around 1000 students and 45 members of faculty and staff. We are proud to be the number one sport management programme in the Netherlands. ISMB as well as SM&O hold great appeal for both students and the sporting community. We stand for talent development, innovative educational concepts and we maintain strong links with the international sport community.
School of Sports and Nutrition
The School of Sports and Nutrition is one of faculties of the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. The School of Sports and Nutrition is strongly embedded in society and anticipates well on developments in the field of profession. The School of Sports and Nutrition hosts four educational programmes: Physical Education, Sport Studies, Sportkunde and Nutrition and Dietetics. All four are known for their solid educational programmes, practice based research and inspiring teachers. The Centre for Applied Research Sports and Nutrition has also three main research programmes.
What we have to offer
Depending on your specific qualifications and experience, a full-time position of a coaching coordinator/lecturer (Hay profile Lecturer / Researcher 1) has a maximum salary of 5.564 euros - gross per month (salary scale 12, Cao HBO). The actual salary depends on the candidate's education and experience.Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS) offers an extensive package of secondary employment benefits, including an 8% vacation allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%. Our AUAS Academy offers outstanding study and development opportunities, and we encourage and support our employees to continuously foster their professional development. The AUAS pays for the teaching certificate course.
We offer an initial contract until 31 july 2020, with the possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance, formation space and the influx of new students.
Find out more
Does this position sound like a good fit for your personal and professional qualities? If so, we would like to hear from you. Questions about the vacancy or the application process can be directed to Matthijs Mennes at email@example.com (please do not use this email address for job-applications).
Details of the programmes can be found on: www.amsterdamuas.com/sportstudies and www.hva.nl/sportkunde or http://www.amsterdamuas.com/faculty/fsn/faculty-of-sports-and-nutrition.html
To learn more about working at AUAS, read our employee testimonials.
Job interviews are planned for Wednesday the 20, Friday the 22nd and Monday the 25th of November. A job interview via skype is possible. A guest lecture/assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Hogeschool Van Amsterdam is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.