Academy Goalkeeper Coach
Notts County FC
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Goalkeeper Coach|
|Location||Nottingham, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Friday, 26th February 2021 at 5:00pm|
Job Role Details
Purpose of the role
- An opportunity has arisen for a part time/sessional Goalkeeper Coach to join our Academy at Notts County FC, Meadow Lane, Nottingham.
- The Goalkeeper Coach role is responsible for management of the Youth Team and Schoolboy goalkeepers and also to deliver the coaching programme in line with the Club's Philosophy, Playing Style and Coaching Syllabus.
- The Goalkeeper Coach will work closely with all other coaches, Academy Secretary, Head of Coaching and Academy Manager to ensure that all required EPPP evidence is collated appropriately and documented on the PMA/club documentation.
- The successful applicant will be experienced in dealing with young players, parents and understand the player development pathway detailed in the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching with the development of the Academy Goalkeeper Philosophy and making sure that it is implemented across the Under 9's - U18's
- Monitor, review and measure the performance plan of the Academy ensuring its progression and success
- Assist in the monitoring of the Academy U9's – U18's Technical and Tactical Coaching Syllabus, assisting the Lead Phase Coach, Head of Coaching and Academy Manager
- Responsible for continually improving the technical and tactical goalkeeper coaching syllabus in liaison with Lead Phase Coaches, Head of Coaching and Academy Manager for all phases
- To complete session planning and evaluation, objective setting for individuals, training and matches, player reviews and player feedback
- Recording of all necessary information on PMA & club documentation
- To liaise with Academy Secretary and Academy Manager when planning and arranging coaching sessions and matches to ensure the appropriate support is in place (e.g. sorts science, medical, recruitment,education etc) and that the timetable fits with all other Academy activities
- To conduct group, unit and individual video analysis sessions if appropriate with the support of the Academy Analyst
Player Development and Progression:
- To oversee performance reviews and setting of targets every 6 weeks for the goalkeepers, in line with the requirements of the EPPP, and feedback to players and parents both formally in meetings and informally as required
- To provide a 12 weekly written report for all players and ensure that it is received by all parents
- To compile a formal report of conclusions and actions on a monthly basis and ensure that these are recorded on PMA/club documentation
- Monitor potential safeguarding children risks and work with the Academy Safeguarding Officer to promote safer working practice throughout the Academy
- Understand the Academy Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines. Use this understanding to ensure safer recruitment, safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an anti bullying environment
- To be fully responsible for the safety and welfare of all players under your care
- To ensure that the PMA/club documentation system is kept up to date in all matters relating toyour role
- To keep the Academy Manager fully informed on all matters
- To be aware of the EPPP rules and requirements relating to the Youth Development Phase
- To attend games in the Foundation Phase and Youth Development Phase as required
- To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development
- To attend at least 5 hours of in-service training organised by the FA each year and the first aid training for Academy coaches at least once every 3 years
- To undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the Club
- Maintain and take care of all clothing and equipment supplied by the Club
- Understand, adhere to and enforce the codes of conduct set by Notts County FC Academy for players,parents and coaches
- Ability to plan,deliver, develop and monitor football coaching sessions
- Ability to effectively manage player, parent and staff relationships
- Ability to work independently and with internal and external teams
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who places high value on attention to detail
- An ability to adapt quickly, be flexible in the face of change, and solution orientated
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High levels of customer service, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations
- Computer literate(with excellent abilities on Word, Excel and ideally database knowledge and application)
- UEFA 'B' GK Licence
- FA Youth Award
- Membership of the FA Coaches Club
- Emergency First Aid Certificate EFAiF LEVEL 2
- Safeguarding Children Certificate
- FA DBS Disclosure
IN ADDITION THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRABLE
- UEFA GK 'A' Licence(or be working towards)
- Previous professional playing experience
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to two professional/personal references to the satisfaction of Notts County Football Club
To APPLY for this role, Click apply now and request an application form
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Notts County FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.