Chief Executive Officer
Hereford, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Chief Executive Officer|
|Location||Hereford, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Board & Executive — Boardroom/Director|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Salary: £40,000 - £44,000 per annum
Interview date: 4 December 2019
Passionate about grassroots football?
Want to make a difference to the game in Herefordshire?
Ready for the challenge to put the game at the centre of people's lives?
At Herefordshire FA our role is to develop, promote, administer, and support football in the county. We organise and administer competitions, leagues and cups for our clubs, grow participation, educate coaches and referees and ensure everyone can take part in a safe environment.
With a brand new 3G pitch and a fantastic staff, we are seeking to recruit a dynamic Chief Executive Officer who will lead the organisation and drive the game forward at this really exciting time for the Association.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead the day-to-day running of the Herefordshire FA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategic objectives.
- Manage budgets through appropriate systems and processes and allocate resources to ensure that the organisation operates within sound financial principles.
- Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the Herefordshire FA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
- Ensure Herefordshire FA works within agreed organisational values and develops a positive culture.
- Oversee the successful operation of the new 3G pitch at the County Ground.
- Identify and maximise commercial opportunities in order to attract increased investment into both the Herefordshire FA and football in Herefordshire.
- Work with the Board of Directors on matters relating to finance, safeguarding, workforce, corporate governance, football development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management.
- Act as an ambassador for football in Herefordshire and continually raise the profile, image and reputation of the Herefordshire FA brand amongst stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance the Herefordshire FA's major priorities:
- Providing a high-quality introduction to football,
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players' needs,
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants,
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce, and
- Developing sustainable football facilities.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication, and presentation skills.
The post is full-time (37.5 hours per week) and is based at Herefordshire FA's head office in Hereford. Usual office hours are 8am to 4pm from Monday to Friday however flexibility is also required for occasional evening and weekend work.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Herefordshire FA is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.