Academy 9-16’s Physiotherapist
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy 9-16’s Physiotherapist|
|Location||Liverpool, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
A unique opportunity has arisen for an exceptional candidate to join our team at Liverpool Football Club Academy.
Liverpool FC Academy are looking for a Physiotherapist to work with the 9`s to 16`s age group of Players to provide a physiotherapy service to this specific group of youth players.
Duties to include:
- Ensuring the health of all youth players.
- Providing medical care on all aspects of players health under the guidance and with the authority of the Head of Academy Physiotherapy to include; obtaining specialist opinions where appropriate, coordinating investigations and operative procedures, as required.
- Diagnosing and establishing treatment and rehabilitation plans for players under the care of the department.
- Implementation of preventative strategies including vaccinations.Liaising with football coaching staff in order to optimise youth player performance and overall health.
- Carrying out and overseeing all investigations as required.
- Attending consultations with specialists to ensure that appropriate treatment decisions are made, if requested.
- Maintaining contemporaneous medical notes to an exemplary standard.
- Ensuring high levels of professionalism and patient confidentiality.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the ongoing development of a world class high performance environment at the Academy.
- This role will work with other key stakeholders including fitness coaches, coaching and other physiotherapy colleagues.
- The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Chartered Physiotherapist and member of the Health & Care Professions Council and have recent professional experience in a professional football setting.
- It is important that applicants are willing to undertake Continued Professional Development which is organised by the Club.
- Applicants must also have an appreciation of the pressures and commitments required for youth players involved in elite sport with the ability to promote an ethos which is one of high aspirations and achievement for all.
- The ability to communicate effectively and create the right development environment demonstrating role model behaviour is essential.
- An understanding of the requirements around EPPP and the safeguarding of young players and to provide for the players emotional needs is also important for this role.
This is a full time permanent position, working on a 5 out of 7 days arrangement and is based in the Liverpool Football Club Academy, Kirkby working in the evenings and weekends.
Please advise when applying salary expectations and notice period.
LFC is committed to equality and diversity and apply this to our recruitment process. We are also committed to the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, meaning safer recruitment methods are applied (inc. DBS disclosures) to all appointments with vulnerable groups. The Club expects all staff to share our commitments.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Liverpool FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.