Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine
West Bromwich Albion FC
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine|
|Location||West Bromwich, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Department: ACADEMY SPORTS SCIENCE AND MEDICINE DEPARTMENT
Location: WBA ACADEMY BUILDING, HALFORDS LANE, WEST BROMWICH, B71 4LF
Main Purpose: TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING AND DELIVERING THE SPORTS SCIENCE AND MEDICINE PROGRAMME FOR ALL ACADEMY PLAYERS AND DEPARTMENT STAFF
Working Hours: FULL TIME POSITION INCLUDING EVENINGS AND WEEKEND WORK.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To coordinate the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all injuries within the academy and to ensure these processes are reviewed appropriately.
- To coordinate the delivery of all sports science programmes within the academy and to ensure these processes are reviewed appropriately.
- To ensure all monitoring data such as GPS and Heart Rate is assessed and is fed back to all relevant departments.
- To ensure all Sports Science testing is carried out at relevant times and the data produced is relayed back to all departments ensuring this data is used to establish individual programmes.
- To provide the appropriate support to ensure the Sports Science and Medical Department contribute the necessary information to enable suitable targets are set and reviewed in line with the relevant time scales of the Players Performance Clock.
- To design and deliver the Club's Continued Professional Development for the Sports Science and Medical Department.
- To coordinate study visits of other clubs and elite sports medical and sports science departments
- To ensure staff provide reports and feedback from these visits.
- To ensure all staff gain the relevant qualifications, and these are maintained and updated in line with the requirements of their role, and those of their Professional bodies such as the FA, Premier League and the Health Professions Council.
- To coordinate all screening and prehabilitation programmes.
- To coordinate review meetings of daily practices.
- To coordinate the updating and informing of staff from other departments of significant issues related to players which may affect their performance
- To ensure the Academy Manager and Head of Medical Services is provided with a weekly update.
- To update and maintain all qualifications in line with the requirements of your role and those of theProfessional bodies such as the FA, Premier League and the Health Professions Council.
- To adhere to club policies with particular emphasis to safeguarding children and equity and to ensure all staff within the department do likewise.
- To ensure all medical and sports science staff update the Players Performance Clock appropriately.
- To ensure all relevant medical and sports science data is processed into the Performance Management Application. (PMA)
- To ensure all Sports Science and Medical staff coordinate Individual Player Programmes and contribute to player reviews
- To ensure the Academy Performance Plan underpins the work of the department.
- To carry out and lead on the staff management of all academy sports science and medicine staff; including, timetabling, appraisals, CPD and communications.
- BSc in relevant therapy discipline e.g. Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation.
- Experience of working in the sporting environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
- Desire to improve young athletes.
- Two satisfactory references from previous employers & DBS check.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- MSc in therapies related subject.
- Knowledge of Sports Science / Strength and Conditioning.
- Trauma Management Qualification (ITMMIF / ATMMIF).
- Experience of working in a category 1 football academy.
- Knowledge of LTAD frameworks.
-Experience using PMA.
- Experience using GPS.
- Knowledge of the EPPP requirements.
- Extensive delivery experience.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
West Bromwich Albion FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.