Academy Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist
West Bromwich Albion FC
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist|
|Location||West Bromwich, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Department: ACADEMY SPORTS SCIENCE AND MEDICINE DEPARTMENT
Location: WBA ACADEMY BUILDING, HALFORDS LANE, WEST BROMWICH, B71 4LF
Main Purpose: TO LEAD AND DELIVER THERAPY SERVICES FOR U9-16 PLAYERS.
Salary: UP TO £20,000 per annum
Working Hours: FULL TIME POSITION INCLUDING EVENINGS AND WEEKEND WORK.
Interviews: INTERVIEWS PLANNED FOR W/S MONDAY 9th DECEMBER 2019.
For further information or to apply for this post please send your CV and cover letter to Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine; Nicolas Irwin on email: email@example.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist the delivery of therapy services to the Youth Development and Foundation Phases.
- To assist with the Athletic Development for U9-16s players in line with the Academy Physical Curriculum.
- To develop, lead and implement evolving injury prevention strategies for the Academy with particular focus on PHV and growth related pathologies.
- To ensure appropriate prehabilitation sessions are delivered to appropriate age groups.
- To devise, where relevant, individual or small group specific programmes.
- Continually review and assess the programme in accordance with the latest research.
- Identify key performance indicators in relation to progress within the field.
- To assist with the sports science testing for U9-16s.
- To assist the sports science team in ensuring that all academy players receive appropriate information on their physical development and they are aware of their nutritional needs.
- To assist the Lead Sport Scientist and all academy Medical staff with screening of players throughout the Academy.
- To assist with the delivery of medical and physiotherapy services to the Professional Development Phase as and when needed.
- To update and maintain relevant qualifications and to ensure you liaise with the Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine and Lead Sports Scientist.
- To assist and deliver CPD to all Academy Staff.
- To ensure you liaise with the Safeguarding Officer to maintain awareness of Safeguarding issues and that the necessary Safeguarding training is adhered to.
- To inform the Head of Sports Science and Medicine and the Academy Manager of any issues which you feel are of a serious nature or may affect a player's ability to perform to the necessary standards.
- To maintain and update the performance management application (PMA)
- To update the Players Performance Clock where applicable.
- To support the management of Individual Player Programmes and Reviews
- To ensure the Academy Performance Plan underpins the work of the department.
- To attend all in-service training sessions and meetings when requested.
- To maintain qualifications in-line with FA and Premier League rules & regulations.
- To adhere to club policies with particular emphasis to safeguarding children and equity.
- To report any serious breaches of discipline to the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine and the Academy Manager.
- To complete all necessary paperwork as requested by the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine and the Academy Manager, The Premier League or FA including items such as session plans, feedback forms, NVQ folders, progress reports and any other forms should they be requested.
- To adhere to and enhance all aspects of the sports science and medicine programmes.
- To converse and liaise with parents when required.
- To participate in tour and tournaments including overseas.
- To report any matters of concern related to your duties to the Academy Manager.
- BSc in relevant therapy discipline e.g. Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation.
- Experience of working in the sporting environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
- Desire to improve young athletes.
- Two satisfactory references from previous employers & DBS check.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- MSc in therapies related subject.
- Knowledge of Sports Science / Strength and Conditioning.
- Trauma Management Qualification (ITMMIF / ATMMIF).
- Experience of working in a category 1 football academy.
- Knowledge of LTAD frameworks.
- Experience using PMA.
- Experience using GPS.
- Knowledge of the EPPP requirements.
- Extensive delivery experience.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
West Bromwich Albion FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.