Talent Management Operations Administrator
Manchester City FC
Manchester, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Talent Management Operations Administrator|
|Location||Manchester, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||HR & Administration — Admin & Secretarial|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Business Function: Talent Management & Development Pathways
Reports to: Operations Lead
Department: Global Football
Reporting to the Operations Lead for Global Football, this role is to provide high quality operations support to the Talent Management & Development Pathways department, working closely with the other members of the Operations team to ensure the highest standards of efficiency and innovative practice.
This position will work to support the different functions within Talent Management with specific responsibility for supporting the Emerging Talent and Youth Teams. The key functions of the role will be to provide administrative support to ensure operational process, policy and practice are delivered to exceptionally high standards alongside other key members of the team.
The role will suit an individual with exceptional administrative skills, who will be deeply involved with the operational practices of the department, particularly with staff expenses, travel and accommodation support for staff, fixtures and whereabouts, compiling and producing performance reports to ensure efficiency and accountability at the highest standards.
The outputs of this role will be integral into the development and implementation of an operations strategy to support the growth of Talent Management, supporting the management and field teams to perform their roles efficiently and effectively.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
1. To provide administrative and key operations support to the Talent Management department, with specific emphasis on Emerging Talent & Youth Operations. Working in 3 specific areas of efficiency, governance and compliance.
2. To offer support & coordination to the department's safeguarding obligations, DBS checks, tracking of compliance in relation to qualifications and supporting staff CPD in this area.
3. To lead the process of new staff induction for Talent Management, coordinating sessions, delivering elements of the induction process and processing all new starter documentation.
4. To coordinate travel for the department during office hours and support staff, managers and players that require travel to be booked on their behalf to include support for the medicals process and CPD events.
5. Coordinate the process of expenses and match fee claims, working on processes to improve efficiency, accuracy, reporting and leading the inputting of expenses onto the finance system and processing directly on to the system, when required. Also offering support to key members of the team with individual expenses claims.
6. Support with processing Consultant's expenses and invoices when required, working with the Operations Lead and other Operations colleagues to ensure adherence to CFG BT&E policy.
7. Support the collation of fixtures and whereabouts for the extended department where required, to offer flexible support as and when required, to include weekends for Academy Matchdays. Working alongside Academy staff, Scouting Team and other Clubs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Use of IT systems to carry out administrative processes such as processing expenses, purchase orders and booking travel.
- Competent in using MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Express.
- Proven experience working in a complex, fast paced administrative/Operations environment.
- Confident in using own initiative, conscientious, self-motivated (can work unsupervised) with good communication skills.
- Works efficiently with good attention to detail being flexible to last minute changes and demands
- Knowledge of scouting accreditations for all fixtures and tournaments for Senior, Youth and Junior Academy Scouts – local, national and abroad.
- Knowledge of the City Football Services structure and football business.
- Working with finance systems such as Business World, Concur or similar.
- Able to think creatively about processes and offer solutions.
- Working in a sporting environment, such as football or elite sports administration
Job Impact/Influence Measures:
Day to day line management will come from Global Football's Operations Lead, but this role will be expected to provide support to the Talent Management Team and other members of the Global Football department where required.
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, appointment to this post may be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up the role.
If you have any further questions about the role or your application, please contact Careers@CityFootball.com
Job Segment: Operations Manager, HR, Manager, Administrative Assistant, Operations, Human Resources, Management, Administrative
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Manchester City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.