Lead Talent ID Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Lead Talent ID Coordinator|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Thursday, 2nd January 2020 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Arsenal Football Academy is the football development department for Arsenal Football Club, based at Hale End Sports Ground, offering a full time football training programme for elite youth players.
Arsenal Football Club Academy has for many years been a world leader in its field and is a constantly growing department within the organisation.
The aim of the Arsenal Football Academy is to individually tailor each player's development as a footballer by providing a World Class Youth Development programme. The programme promotes the development of elite training environments to consistently outperform international competition. By placing players at the heart of the programme, the aim is to develop and grow Strong Young Gunners, within the most challenging and caring football academy in the world.
- To support the Head of Talent ID with the operational management of an elite Talent ID and recruitment function which focuses on players up to the age of 16, but ensures ages up to 23 are captured.
- To identify and recruit a reliable pipeline of exceptional, 'Arsenal DNA' talent for the Youth Academy and, ultimately, the Club's First Team.
- To oversee the performance of individual age categories of Talent ID, ranging from Pre-Academy (U9s) through to U16s, ensuring consistent, compliant and successful methods of assessment and Talent Identification.
- Hold accountability for the day-to-day operational delivery of the Youth Academy's overall Talent Identification and recruitment strategy, in collaboration with age group Coaches.
- Oversee and input into the delivery of the strategy to attract potential players and their parents, so as to convert identified targets into Youth Academy players.
- Work with Head of Talent ID to devise and implement a successful process to attract potential players and their parents, so as to convert identified targets into Youth Academy players.
- Work with Talent ID Coordinators to uphold consistent methods of attracting, recruiting and onboarding players and their parents, that is both compliant with EPPP, Premier League regulations and reflective of the Youth Academy's standards, values and principles.
- Work in close collaboration with the Academy Leadership Team and wider Youth Academy staff, particularly on individual player assessments related to retention and release.
- Devise and implement reliable player productivity assessments against 'Arsenal DNA' benchmarks, working in close collaboration with Youth Academy Leadership Team and wider staff to identify gaps and characteristics of future targets.
- Attend and input into player progress meetings, taking action points away and feeding these into Talent ID activities across all age categories.
- Build a reliable, informative and consistent system of profiling players.
- Make informed player pricing recommendations so as to facilitate decision-making of the Academy Leadership Team.
- Play an active role as a scout, assessing players escalated by Talent ID Coordinators and/or to ensure the Youth Academy has a visible presence at key matches.
- Line manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Talent ID Coordinators and Pre-Academy Coordinator, to include ensuring targeted and effective coverage at games, a robust Youth Academy presence at key matches and events, and setting and monitoring player identification and recruitment targets for each age category.
- Maintain close relationships with coaches and field scouts, thus facilitating visibility over the department's practices and the effective flow of information.
- Build and maintain a solid network of positive and effective relationships within the footballing community, to include relationships with parents, players, amateur and professional footballing organisations and academies, agents and other football clubs.
- Ensure the Youth Academy has a visible presence at key matches and events by coordinating staff attendance to games and attending games.
- Actively promote the Youth Academy's standards and the Club's values throughout the department, acting as a role model and and as an example at all times.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge of key markets and players, and keep abreast of industry movements, at all times.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
FA Talent ID Level 4 (or workings towards)
- Experience working within a football Academy at managerial level (category 1 highly desirable)
- A proven record identifying and assessing youth players
- Experience setting, monitoring and achieving own and team targets
- Experience managing and maintaining a successful network of relationships
- Line management and mentoring experience
- Has strong industry contacts and excels at relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excels at player talent identification
- Recruits excellent supporting staff and is a good judge of character
- Is able to part with knowledge and show positive mentorship in order to grow a team's capabilities and maximise performance
- Has in-depth knowledge of EPPP and Premier League regulations
- Has robust and practical knowledge of Safeguarding best practice
- Has a high standard of professional ethics
- Is respectful, disciplined and humble
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Arsenal FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.