Elite Football Coach Based in China
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Elite Football Coach Based in China|
|Location||Mantianxing, China, Asia|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Friday, 13th December 2019 at 5:00pm|
Job Role Details
DEPARTMENT: Based in China working for China Education Association for International Exchange(CEAIE) representing Wolves F.C.
REPORTS TO: Relevant Academy Manager for location
LOCATION: Mantianxing Training Camp – China, 18 cities allocated upon appointment
HOURS: 8 hours per day - 40 Hours per week (fixed term contract until June 2020)
We are Wolves. Progressive, determined, bright, unified and humble. A pack that is hungry for success. Wolves is one of the fastest growing professional football clubs in the UK, and also boasts one of the richest histories in the beautiful game.
Formed in 1877, Wolves was a founder member of the Football League, and was one of the country's most successful sides in the fifties and sixties. During a two decade spell the Black Country's most decorated side won three First Division titles and one of its four FA Cups.
Fast forward to 2019, where an incredible two seasons at Molineux has seen Wolves clinch the SkyBet Championship trophy with 99 points, followed by a seventh-place finish in the Premier League,which included memorable wins over Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Arsenal.
But at Wolves it is all about what we will do, not what we have done. We don't simply look to the future, we seize it.
We take seriously our commitment to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and to ensuring that Wolves is free from discrimination and harassment.
Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. are delighted to announce new and exciting roles within the Football Club based in China. The Foreign Teachers Support Project Coaches will deliver football and English lessons to students and teachers at schools in and around Shanghai, as part of the Mantianxing training camp along with promoting the global vision of the football club to keystake holders in Asia.
- Responsibility to educate students within the values of the club/football philosophy.
- Responsible for the delivery of football sessions and extra-curricular training in school.
- To provide a session plan before every training/teaching session.
- To regularly participate in meetings, events and matches that promote football in this region.
- Responsible for ensuring that you abide by the relevant regulations and rules set out by Chinese Law as well as respecting the moral values of local schools and teachers that you will be working with.
- To ensure that equipment is sufficient and safe for training and ensure that all equipment is correctly put away following training.
- Reporting and evaluation; football coaches shall regularly report football teaching conditions to relevant schools, positively participate in teaching evaluation and guidance, and give positive co-ordination to the establishment of Chinese youth football training system.
- Regular consultation with relevant schools on best teaching and coaching practice and positively support the development of Chinese football in the school system.
- Football promotion; football coaches will be required to regularly participate in various training, meetings and winter/summer camps. This will include developing football matches in the region and taking part in the relevant football public benefit activities.
- Regularly report back to the relevant Academy Manager regarding the progress of the project.
- Requirement to take charge as the Academy Director in certain cities.
- To be committed to attending any additional events (within reason) that are required for this role.
- To ensure that all qualifications are re-validated as required every three years from date of qualification.
- Responsibility for welfare and safeguarding of all students/players – Child Protection
- Liaising with teachers as required.
- Ensure the well-being of students/players at all times liaising with the schools Head of Safeguarding on all safeguarding related matters.
- Compliance with Club policies
- Compliance with the Club's health and safety procedures
- Compliance with the Club's safeguarding policies
- To promote the Club's values
- To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- To maintain professional conduct at all times Safeguarding
- This role carries a specific safeguarding responsibility. This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club's commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Staff that based at the host school (teachers, headteachers and students).
- Direct reports at Wolverhampton Wanderers Academy, particularly the Head of Academy.
- Reporting directly to the relevant Academy Manager at location.
- China Education Association for International Exchange (CEAIE) who provides the contract.
Scope of job
- Please note that this role is not as an employee of Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. but directly and contractually with the China Education Association for International Exchange (CEAIE) but representing Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. in China as part of the Foreign Teachers Support Project.
- Teachers will be required to adopt standard working time for the host school, these typically cover 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week in total, a minimum of 20 sessions per week (800 sessions in total during contract time), there may be a need to teach at more than one school workload dependent.
- Teachers shall be paid RMB 30,000 (pre-tax) a month.
- Rent-free accommodation provided by the school during work contract – this will be allocated based on the school location and amenities will vary.
- Free meals provided by the school for the duration of the work contract.
- Round Economy class airfare (arrangements for flights made with the school with support,provided up to a capped limit)
- The cost to apply for the Chinese work Z type visa will be reimbursed.
- A DBS check will be completed, and any further Non-Criminal Record Checks will be reimbursed.
- The cost of Medical Check will be reimbursed.
- You will be expected to purchase comprehensive insurance for your travel duration covering medical insurance for the duration of the work contract.
- Location will be confirmed upon appointment from a possible 18 cities within China (but near to Shanghai)
-To be able to deliver coaching and classroom-based sessions in English
- Possess the ability to comply with the moral standards expected by the host education authority
- Able to educate students within the values of a football club coaching philosophy.
- Able to deliver football classes and extra-curricular training in school.
- Ability to construct session plans for training/teaching session.
- Experience of session/lesson planning and post session/lesson evaluation
- Ability to deliver extra-curricular training to football participants at a variety of ability levels
- Experience of writing and delivering a technical based football development programme
General skills & attributes
- Understanding of how to work safely with children and/or vulnerable adults and uphold generally accepted practice when working with those participants
- Promote, adhere to and implement the Club's Equality Policy and to work consistently to embed equality and diversity within Club
- Respect China's religious policies and must not partake in any conduct activities (religious,economic, political or cultural) that may compromise his/her status as a teacher
- Previous working with children and/or vulnerable adults
- Minimum 2 years coaching experience
- Teaching experience (12-16 year olds)
- Can work as part of a team or use own initiative
- UEFA B licence
- Valid FA emergency aid certificate
- Associate degree (college diploma or above)V1 February 2019
- Post-holder must hold or obtain at the earliest opportunity the relevant safeguarding training (i.e.FA Safeguarding Children Workshop)
- Post-holder will be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level and cleared by the Wolves Safeguarding Manager
- Ability to travel and work flexible working hours
- FA Advanced Youth Award
Please note in order to apply for this role we will require the following with your application.
Application form found here.
- Your CV (use the standard format)
- Two reference letters (signed and scanned)
- A digital colour photo (passport size photo, white background, show the full face, with face in the middle of the photo and include the upper shoulders. The photo frame is 1.37u2033u00d71.77u2033(35mmu00d745mm) – this is required for the application of VISA's etc and will in noway be used as part of a selection process.
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (please make sure your passport should be valid until 30th May 2021. If your passport is due to expire in the next few months, please renew it as soon as possible (subject to a successful application).
- A copy of your Degree Certificate or Diploma; following a successful application, this will need to be authenticated by Chinese Embassy abroad.
- A copy of your Football Coaching License (e.g. UEFA A Licence).
- Medical Check Report (if one is not available please still apply and arrangements can be made).
- Recent DBS check and non-criminal record check results, (if one is not available please still apply and arrangements can be made), this will need to be authenticated by Chinese Embassy abroad.
- Where possible, a training video of your work.
Email your application to email@example.com
The aim of the Equality Policy is to promote our own equality objectives and in doing so, help to ensure everyone is treated fairly and with respect. The Club's commitment is to promote inclusion and to confront and eliminate discrimination. The policy can be found here.
Wolves is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We will consider applications solely on the basis of merit regardless of gender, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, political or religious belief, background or family circumstances. All candidates are encouraged to complete a diversity monitoring form to help us achieve our equality objectives.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
Wolves is committed to the well-being and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment to providing a safe environment. You may be asked during the recruitment process to obtain a check from the Disclosure & Barring Service. It is a criminal offence for a barred person to attempt to engage with vulnerable groups. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from obtaining work, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Wolves is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information of all applicants/candidates for employment. We have prepared a privacy notice which describes how we collect and use personal information about job candidates during and after the application process. The privacy notice can be accessed by all candidates here.
Speculative CVs and Applications
Unfortunately, Wolves does not accept speculative CVs and job applications. CVs and job applications must be sent in relation to an advertised vacancy.
Diversity Monitoring Form
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.