Head of Academy Goalkeeping
Burnley, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head of Academy Goalkeeping|
|Location||Burnley, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Remuneration + benefits:
Competitive - depending on experience and qualifications
28 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
Mobile phone provided
Contract type: Permanent 40 hours per week
Flexible. Prepared to work weekends and evenings where required.
Location: Barnfield Training Centre, Stockbridge Drive, Padiham, Burnley. BB12 8UA.
Interview Date: W/C 27 January, 2020
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club that prides itself on playing a key role in the local community and investing in local people.
Burnley Academy is aspiring in the forthcoming season to reach Category 1 elite status under EPPP Youth Development rules. The state-of-the-art training facility and academy programme provides an outstanding environment to develop both players and people.
The chosen candidate's main role will be to take primary responsibility for the coaching and development of all young goalkeepers within the Academy (U9-U23) and, on occasions, alongside the club's Senior Head of Goalkeeping. To line-manage the full-time assistant goalkeeping coach and part-time goalkeeping coaches.
- Development of goalkeepers from U9-U23, including monitoring and providing support to the club's Head of Goalkeeping.
- Line manage the Assistant Academy Goalkeeping Coach and any part-time goalkeeping coaches within the Academy.
- Ensure the monitoring of goalkeepers performance across the Academy is covered during games and training.
- Liaise closely with the Lead Phase Coaches and Academy Coaches throughout the age groups regarding training, games and progress.
- Develop and monitor age-appropriate coaching curriculums and development programmes across the Academy and ensuring there is an integrated approach with outfield players.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the Academy's GK coaching curriculum.
- Monitor goalkeeping coaching and promote good practice across all phases.
- Ensure all goalkeepers in the Academy have an 'Individual Learning Plan' which is consistently delivered, reviewed and adapted, with appropriate opportunities to practice on the areas highlighted.
- Work effectively with other departments to ensure the Academy operates in a multi-disciplinary environment and to ensure all goalkeepers are fully prepared and have a comprehensive development programme.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the role, including general organisation, recording of sessions, player reviews, learning objectives, and weekly reflections through the PMA and other systems.
- Contribute to the scouting and recruiting process where appropriate.
- Attend and contribute to meetings as directed by the Head of Goalkeeping/Academy Manager/Head of Coaching
- Attend at least five hours of FA in-service training per year and ensure licence maintenance requirements are kept up to date.
- Actively support the Coaching Competency Framework (CCF) and undertake CPD organised by the club and take responsibility for your own professional development by accessing development opportunities provided by governing bodies and external organisations.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head of Goalkeeping/Academy Manager/Head of Coaching
- An FA Goalkeeping Coaching A Licence (Desirable)
- Advance Youth Award (Desirable)
- UEFA B Outfield Coaching Licence
- An FA Goalkeeping Coaching B Licence
- FA Youth Award (Modules 1,2 and 3)
- FA Safeguarding Children
- Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS)
- Experience of working in an Academy under EPPP rules.
- Background in football as a player or coach.
- Knowledge of age-appropriate; development programmes, curriculums and session planning.
- Knowledge of elite level requirements.
- IT literate with a knowledge of the PMA.
How to apply
Please fill out the application found here.
Please return form to Nick Horne, Head of Academy Operations and Administration, Burnley Football Club, Barnfield Training Centre, Stockbridge Drive, Padiham, Burnley. BB12 8UA or alternatively email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Burnley FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.