Women’s Team General Manager
West Ham United FC
London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Women’s Team General Manager|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Board & Executive — Boardroom/Director|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Salary: Highly Competitive
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Women's Team for a General Manager.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the Club, including its personnel, budgets, and professional day-to-day management.
The post holder will also manage relationships and services provided to the Club by key partners e.g. men's football clubs/education partners.
The direct reports of this role include: Club Secretaries, Marketing Officers and Designated Safeguarding Officers
- To act as The FA's primary contact for all League Competition business and meetings, in particular: commercial, finance, broadcast, facility and fixture related issues.
- Development of relationships with key funding partners to ensure club sustainability: working with other members of the Club senior management team and directors to achieve this against the Club's Commercial Plan.
- Attendance at all meetings for League Competitions arranged by The FA.
- Responsibility for fixture planning and subsequent management (through Club secretary if relevant) to deliver against the Club's plan for fixtures and events, marketing, and match-day promotion.
- Management of all staff relationships to ensure effective recruitment, day-to-day management and delivery of all work plans to agreed targets, in particular marketing/match day promotion and attendance requirements.
- Supporting the coaching and senior management team on player recruitment, contracting, registration and associated salary management (through the Club secretary if relevant).
- Management and monitoring of the financial regulation scheme in place for the League Competitions.
- Day-to-day Club budget management.
- Management of relationship with facility provider against annual availability, usage and Maintenance Plan.
- Responsibility for meeting Licence requirements, and to ensure Club adheres to The FA's Rules and Regulations and the Competition Rules.
- Writing and submitting the annual Compliance and Development Report.
- Reporting against the FA Funding and presenting evidence required to release funding: including annual reporting, through Club accountant and finance office and such other reports as requested by The FA.
- To develop and deliver a strategy and vision for women's football at the Club.
- Ensuring the Club adheres to The FA standards for safeguarding children.
- Attend a minimum of three CPD events organised by The FA per Season.
- Required to sign up to and participate in The FA leadership development programme.
- Maintain positive relations with key England international staff (Head Coach/Director of Elite Development/relevant age group coaches, performance support staff).
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club's Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club's Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
Club Location: First Team & Ladies Rush Green Training Ground
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Experience in a general business/ management role and ideally within a sports club/development environment;(E)
- Experience of writing and delivering strategy (E)
- Experience of commercial/business management, ideally within a semi-professional sports related environment (E)
- Degree or equivalent; (D)
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with Club staff (E)
- Strong organisationsal skills and attention to detail (E)
- Expert problem solver who is calm under pressure (E)
- Aware of diversity and equality challenges in football (E)
- Empathy and commitment to the long-term development of the game (E)
- Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment (E)
- Strong existing relationships within the women's football pyramid in England (E)
- Strong IT and project management skills (E)
- Ability to work flexibly, including weekends and independent travel (E)
- Methodical and strategic thinker and decision maker (E)
- Passion to develop the women's game (D)
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Leader.
We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
West Ham United FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.