Manchester City FC
Manchester, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Insights Developer|
|Location||Manchester, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Reports to: Brian Prestidge
Department: Global Football
Design, develop and implement insights solutions to enhance the decision-making process across the Football Performance, Human Performance and Talent Management areas.
This role will involve closely partnering with performance staff across the City Football Group clubs to drive engagement and provide data science capabilities to our practitioners in innovative and creative ways for performance gains.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
1. Development of our proprietary insights platform;
- Playing a leading role in the management & development of our insights solutions
- Working with performance staff to understand their performance challenges in order to develop tools that create actionable insights
- Developing base level competencies and interest within the user groups to stimulate better data manipulation and questioning
- Take the lead role in designing the future of our insights tools and being at the forefront of self-serve analytics
2. Empowering performance staff through engaging self-service tools that guide, support and challenge them in order to positively impact the performance of the staff, our players and our teams.
3. Support Data Management processes by creating efficient self-serve data capture solutions; playing a key role in the ETL processes; and surfacing the data to our end users in a manner which is befitting of our performance staff's skillsets.
4. Enhancing the deeper understanding of football across the organisation through engaging mediums that will deliver insights into what drives footballing success.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience utilising Tableau to drive actions & decision making.
- Ability to develop insightful and interactive dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- 3+ years' experience of implementing ETL processes to surface data to end users who possess a wide-ranging level of analytical capabilities.
- Awareness of the data analysis and visualization ecosystem, such as Tableau, Qlik, Alteryx, Paxata, Databricks, Pentaho, D3.js etc.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Evidence of working with and deriving actionable insights from football data either as a hobby or within previous employment.
- Enthusiasm for exploring data to answer questions.
- Ability to engage and inspire individuals and groups through your enthusiasm, communication and impact.
- Ability to work with our Football Insights team to understand the performance challenges faced by our clubs and create strategies that deliver positive interventions.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in an agile manner suited to the innovative and fast-paced nature of our environment.
- Experience working in the sporting environment.
- Tableau Desktop Certified.
- Tableau Server Certified.
- Experience leading user groups and/or creating champions of analytics within an organisation.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Office 365 infrastructure, including Azure, Power Apps etc...
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, appointment to this post may be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up the role
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Manchester City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.