Sunderland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Secretary|
|Location||Sunderland, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||HR & Administration — Senior Administrator|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Academy Secretary/Academy Operations Manager to join Sunderland AFC's Youth Development department.
Based at the Academy of Light, this position will report to the Academy Manager and assist in the day to day operations and management of the club's EPPP Category 1 Academy; overseeing the day-to-day management of the operations and administration staff to ensure the effective running of the department and working with staff and stakeholders to promote the Academy culture.
This position is also a Safeguarding Officer within the club.
The successful applicant will have first class communication and customer service skills, be able to demonstrate that they can multi-task, have reasonable knowledge of all Microsoft packages (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel), and are at all times professional and discreet. You should be in possession of both valid Disclosure and Barring certificate and FA Safeguarding qualification
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Act as first point of contact between the Academy and the governing bodies including keeping up to date with EPPP rules as such may be amended from time to time.
- Ensure staff are informed of any changes to regulations to ensure all staff adhere
- Assist the Academy Manager with the managing of the budget
- Oversee the allocation and reimbursement of the EFL 1% Levy
- Oversee the administration of the Academy Standards, self-assessment and audit to ensure compliance with EPPP rules for maintaining Category 1 status
- Actively contribute to the development of the Academy and the Operations/Academy department
- Co-ordinate and attend Academy Management Team and Technical Board meetings including issuing agendas and drafting minutes and action plansAssist with staff recruitment as required including the drafting of job descriptions and adverts
- Support the Academy Manager with the organisation of special events
- Co-ordinate matchday hospitality for Under 8's and Scholars in line with club guidelines
- Collate, draft and submit contracts for Scholars and U23 players, with the assistance of the Head of Football Administration, including applications to the FIFA Sub Committee for the transfer of minors and requesting international clearance
- Co-ordinate loan arrangements and documentation for U23 players
- Be the first point of contact for the registration of trialists within the U23 age groups ensuring accuracy and compliance with League/FIFA rules
- Oversee the registration of all players and trialists to the Academy in line with rules and regulations, including applications to the FIFA Sub Committee for the transfer of minors and requesting international clearance
- Undertake the administration of players leaving the Academy including completion and submission of the End of Season Procedure
- Co-ordinate the games programme for the U23 age group including but not limited to pre-season/tournaments, Premier League Cup, Challenge Cup, travel, match officials, Stewards, ground availability and recording the attendance of scouts attending home games
- Assist with U23 player and their families travel in line with contractual allowances
- Administer and assist with FA Anti-doping systems including the submission of daily/weekly/season schedules, ensuring compliance with rules
- Co-ordinate arrangements for players on international duty
- Oversee that accurate player records and files are maintained and updated accordingly
The position is full time (40 hours per week, Monday-Sunday), with working hours being flexible around business demands and include evening and weekend work as required, including U23's home matches and special events. You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain up-to-date knowledge and qualifications, and/or as organised by the club.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & ADULTSA T RISK
Sunderland AFC is fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC makes provisions for children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups through adherence to the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures adopted by the Club.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Sunderland AFC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.