Professional Development Coach
Crystal Palace FC
London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Professional Development Coach|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Professional Development Coach
Job Location: Crystal Palace Football Club Academy
Contract Type: Permanent/ Full time
Closing Date: February 21st,2020
If you are an experience d FA Licensed Coach, have experience working across PDP and YPD phases in academy football and are passionate about developing and inspiring young players, we have a role for you at our Academy.Crystal Palace Football Club is recruiting for a proactive and engaging Professional Development Coach to develop and lead Crystal Palace FC Academy players, improve individual performances, and to provide the First Team squad with players for the Football Club.
You will be responsible for...
- Delivering outstanding technical and tactical work on the training ground and be able to deliver detailed analysis from the class room for a variety of outfield positions with an outcome of improving performance.
- Developing and enhancing key psychological characteristics that will accelerate the players development.
- Understanding the different stages of a player's development journey, from Academy to First team, with an understanding of what is required to become a First team player.
- Organising and documenting work, creating individual learning plans for the players, and to be delivered so the players have a buy in to individual development.
- Communicating the schedules (times/dates) at which specific elements of the coaching programme and match day programme will be delivered (and any amendments to this schedule).
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate standards, practices and procedures for the safe and effective operation of allocated squad and the professional conduct of all participating personnel and players.
- Establishing and maintaining comprehensive and up-to date records of players within allocated squad (including but not confined to records of attendance,development activities undertaken on particular dates and assessments of individuals' capabilities, development needs, attitude and application); providing copies of these records in such form as may be required for administrative purposes.
- Liaising with the medical team regarding the fitness and treatment of players and ensuring that the physiological and psychological well being of the players within sessions is maintained.
- Occasionally attending Academy Management Forums as requested by the Head of Academy.
- Acting and behaving at all times to project a proper professional image of Crystal Palace Football Club and act in the best interests of the Club.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
- Upholding and promoting the Club's policies and procedures,including Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
You will have...
- UEFA A Licence (essential)
- Advanced Youth Awards (essential)
- Youth Models 1,2 & 3 (essential)
- Minimum 4 years working across PDP and YDP phases in academy football (must have)
- Pro License (desired)
- 10 plus years coaching experience at an elite level (desired)
- Experience working with national teams U16-U21 (desired)
- Qualification in sports science (desired)
- Outstanding people skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
Empathy with young players with an ability to inspire Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong relationships
- An FA Licensed Coach (Member of the Licensed Coaches Club to cover safeguarding and first aid)
- Experienced and enthusiastic in coaching and mentoring elite youth players and/or coaches
- Will to undergo a full Disclosure and Baring Service check
Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum learning environments for players Aware of diversity and equality challenges in football
What you'll get in return....
- Competitive salary
- Social activities (day at the races, holiday party, team nights out)
- High level of responsibility from day one!
- 20% Club Shop discount
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of what role you are applying for along with a completed application form found below.
Application form found here.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Crystal Palace FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.