Head Academy Physiotherapist
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head Academy Physiotherapist|
|Location||Portsmouth, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Portsmouth Football Club are looking to recruit a full time, Head Physiotherapist to deliver physiotherapy support services in our Category 3 Academy, based in Portsmouth.
To be considered for this role, you must be a chartered physiotherapist, preferably with experience in sport. You must also be available to work weekends as this role will involve travel. We will consider applicants ideally with 1-2 years' experience as well as newly qualified physiotherapists. We operate a CPD programme that you will be given full access to, within a strong performance led department who were voted the League 1 performance department of the year last season at the national FMPA awards.
As Head Physiotherapist you will take the lead on the medical programme within the academy with support from the senior management, the sports science team and club doctor.
Duties to include but not restricted to:-
- To be involved in all medical/health related matters appertaining to all Academy players.
- To be responsible for the assessment, treatment and liaison with other medical professionals for the 8-18 years of age Academy players
- To be responsible for the provision of Medical and Physiotherapy cover on training & match days as appropriate
- Develop and maintain individual Injury Prevention programmes based on comprehensive Screening of all Academy players
- Assist the S & C Staff in the implementation of the Strength & Conditioning syllabus
- To organise and deliver medical/health education programmes of training for all academy players and parents
- To be involved in the organisation and conduction of "in-serviceu201d medical training for academy coaching and/or medical staff
- Ensure compliance with all EPPP requirements in relation to medical support services, including full multi-disciplinary engagement & delivery
- In conjunction with the Academy Doctor to liaise with players and parents with regards to all treatment clinics, education briefings and all other medical related issues
Qualifications required to include:-
- First Aid Qualification or higher
- FA Safeguarding Children
Portsmouth Football Club has a strong reputation as an upholder of EFL diversity and inclusion policies and welcomes applications from BAME candidates. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people(Under 18) and Adults at Risk and operates an active Safeguarding Policy.
Weexpect all our staff to have personal responsibility to contribute to our policies, protocols and practice to safeguard children and Adults at Risk,protect them from possible abuse and promote their welfare and to fulfill your duty of care.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Portsmouth FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.