Sports Performance Psychologist
Sheffield United FC
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Sports Performance Psychologist|
|Location||Sheffield, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Manager: Academy Manager
Location: Sheffield United Training Academy, Shirecliffe, Sheffield
Sheffield United Football Club are excited to announce that they are looking for a Sports Performance Psychologist to join our Academy Team to work with and support both academy players and staff.
- In collaboration with other academy departments, identify behavioural values to be adopted by all players and staff to create a commitment culture that develops both the performer and the person.
- Manage the provision of mental wellbeing support to players and staff, providing the foundation for elite performance to occur.
- Develop the necessary mental skills of academy players and coaching staff to perform at the highest level of competition.
- Support players across all phases of the academy (foundation, youth and professional development), via either one to one support as necessary or small group / squad sessions to deliver an age appropriate mental skills syllabus to optimise development of both the individual and the performer.
- Undertake psychological profiling of all players in the youth and professional development phases, reporting areas of focus and progression back to the player and relevant staff members to enhance player wellbeing, development and performance.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc in Psychology / Sport Psychology or related area
- British Psychological Society Accreditation or be at a minimum of stage two of the accreditation process, and / or BASES accredited in - - Sport Psychology
- HSPC registered
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Sheffield United FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.