Sport Science Analyst
Crystal Palace FC
London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Sport Science Analyst|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Job Location: CPFC Training Ground, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1RJ
Contract Type: Permanent/ Full time
Who we are....
Our Sports Science and Medicine Department is comprised of experienced and skilled practitioners, working across a variety of disciplines. We are committed to developing robustness and optimising performance within our playing squad, as well as ensuring that injured players are safely and effectively returned to competition in the quickest possible timeframe. In order to achieve this, we strive to innovate and push boundaries, using clear processes, objectivity and continual reflection to guide us. We push staff within the department to make their own decisions and take ownership of the program, making a role within our department challenging but extremely rewarding.
Who you are...
If you are experienced in working with GPS systems and athlete monitoring systems at the elite level of football and are personable, reliable, highly motivated and focused on delivering high quality sport science support, we are a position for you Crystal Palace Football Club are seeking a Sport Science Analyst to join our Sport Science & Medical Department to collaborate with colleagues from other departments and provide the best support to the first team playing squad to ultimately support the implementation of Crystal Palace Football Cub performance strategy.
You will be responsible for....
- Aiding in the development of the Sport Science and Medical department
- Working closely with the Sport Science & Medical Department to aid in streamlining and enhancing current working practice
- Providing key insights into pre & post training & game data and deliver to the relevant coaching staff
You will have...
- Experience working as an analyst at the elite level of football
- Experience working with GPS systems
- Experience and understanding of using an athlete monitoring system
- Experience in accurately analysing multiple and often complex data streams in order to understand performance
- Experience in delivering and communicating performance insights to key stakeholders in the organisation
- An understanding of varying working methodologies and best practice within elite sports analysis
- A sound technical and tactical understanding of football (strategies, systems, philosophies, game models)
- A proven ability to innovatively analyse data in order to positively influence performance
- Sound inter-personal skills that facilitate the effective delivery of performance insights, build connections and support a strong team cohesion.
- Minimum undergraduate degree relating to the field of sports science, data science or performance analysis.
- Post-graduate qualification desired in a related discipline is preferred.FA Level 2 coaching license or above preferable.
- Able to adapt to emerging technologies and their application in automating working processes
- Competent in using the following software/hardware are desired: StatSports GPS, Excel, Fusion Sport Athlete Monitoring system, HUDL platforms, ChyronHego, Tableau
- Highly motivated whilst being able to work calmly under pressure and unsupervised
- Working in professional football will require you to work flexible hours in line with the players training schedules. This may include early morning, evening and weekend work for periods of the year.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
What you'll get in return....
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to work and tech scheme
- Social activities (day at the races, holiday party, team nights out)
- High level of responsibility from day one!
- 20% Club Shop discount
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Crystal Palace FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.