Physiotherapist 1st Team
Manchester City FC
Manchester, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Physiotherapist 1st Team|
|Location||Manchester, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Head of Sports Medicine (1st Team)
Head of Physiotherapy (1st Team)
Department: Medical Department
Contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the Medical Department through the delivery of best practice Physiotherapy.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
1. To assist in the delivery and development of world class clinical practice within the Medical Department
2. Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with Head of Sports Medicine, Head of Physiotherapy and other members of the multidisciplinary team to optimise player medical care and performance.
3. Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
4. To assist in the development of evidence-based protocols for all areas of Physiotherapy within the 1st Team Department using all available resources including the latest research and collaboration with clinical specialists.
5. Delivery of individual and team based injury prevention programmes based on screening, past medical history and injury.
6. To provide when necessary emergency aid cover for both training sessions and matches. To maintain up to date accreditation to meet all legal requirements for this specific part of the role.
7. To be a positive and active member of the medical department by supporting and assisting across all new and current areas of Human Performance and being innovative and pro-active in developing new ideas and projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience working in an elite sporting environment
- Specialist knowledge of sports injury treatment.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of medical services to high performance sport.
- A great ability to reflect on current working practice & change when indicated.
- Be able to demonstrate passion & enthusiasm for your work but maintain a high degree of humility in its delivery & when dealing with others.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered
- Member of the CSP
- Post graduate qualification in Sports Medicine or equivalent.Experience of working in Professional Football
- Experience of using data management systems to ensure the secure and efficient storage of monitoring and evaluation data.
- Demonstrable ability to scientifically evaluate test results including musculoskeletal imagining, scientific data and relevant sports medicine/science literature
- Safeguarding level 3 – if not already undertaken will be enrolled
Job Impact/Influence Measures:
Head of Sports Medicine / Head of Physiotherapy – daily communication regards all medical information and data
Playing Staff – Daily Medical Care
Medical & Sports Science Staff – be an effective and dynamic member of the Human Performance Team
External Consultants – Referral of Players
- Diagnosis of injury – Decision making in collaboration with external consultants
- Treatment of injury plans – in collaboration with Medical & sports science staff
- Referrals – responsibility for referring players to external consultants & ensuring all follow up appointments maintained
- Medical treatment for players
- Clinical governance at the academy – ensure all standards required for CQC are met
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, appointment to this post may be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up the role.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Manchester City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.