Glasgow, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Analyst|
|Location||Glasgow, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
REPORTING TO: Head of Academy Analysis
LOCATION: Hummel Training Centre, Glasgow
SALARY: Dependent upon experience
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Academy of Rangers Football Club as Academy Analyst.
Working as an integral part of the Academy Analysis team, the roles primary focus is to support all pre, post and live analysis required by the U18s and to support the Elite School Programme. Focusing on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, the analyst is required to have a strong understanding of football, and a high level of technical proficiency in analysis software.
The analyst is there to support the coaches ability to effectively communicate with his players. The role relies on the analyst's ability to be both accurate and highly detailed at all times. They must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, modern, digital environment, where high pressure and high expectations are normal. The analyst should embody personal and professional excellence at all times.
The full-time position will be based at Hummel Training Centre, Glasgow reporting to the Head of Academy Analysis.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Under guidance of the age specific coaching team and the Head of Academy Analysis, play a leading role in the Club's analysis provision across the Rangers FC Academy
- Collate pre-match analysis for all matches, focusing on; the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the opposition, in possession, out of possession and at set pieces
- Support the coaching staff's ability to provide half time and full-time analysis for all matches
- Deliver concise, detailed and accurate post-match analysis for all games, being conscious of; the specific game plan, the wider footballing philosophy and any position specific requirements that might exist for the individual
- Be proactive in the use of analysis during training to support both pre and post-match analysis.
- Ensure its availability for players and coaches after each session
- Actively encourage the use of analysis within all Academy teams at the Club
- Build an online resource for players and coaches which supports them as individuals and as a collective – Utilise the capabilities of Hudl
- Ensure content is accessible both inside and away from, the Hummel Training Centre
- Ensure content is accessible across age groups, coaching groups as well as helping to bridge the gap between the First team and the Academy
- Ensure excellent collaboration and communication exists between key footballing departments within the Academy setup
0 Analysis – Share content, share ideas, constructively challenge workflows and methodologies
0 Medical – Share content and support delivery as and when required
0 Sports Science – Share content and support delivery as and when required
0 Psychology – Share content and support delivery as and when required
0 Education – Share content and support delivery as and when required
- Maintain a strong working relationship with RFC TV, sharing content from training and games as required
- An essential part of the role is being highly proficient in a number of specific performance analysis software some of which include:
0 Adobe Creative Suite
0 Keynote, Pages, Numbers, Microsoft Office
- An appreciation of the use of data within performance analysis would be an advantage.
- This should include the analyst's ability to both collect and analyse data, applying it within the context of performance and educational insights
- An ability to support Academy KPI's may also be required from time to time
- On a daily basis you will be expected to;Clip games and training accurately and efficiently
- Collated movie organisers and databases for all opposition teams and individuals
- Create high-quality final videos and presentations, ensure titles and graphics are included where required
- Delivery comprehensive analysis on set pieces and penalties
- Manage your own and others content on the centralised content management system
- Communicate with coaching staff and players
- Prepare for match days and training sessions
- Build and maintain a library of best practice from training and games
- Support and promote the wider provision of analysis within the Academy setup at RFC, by building relationships with universities and other further education institutions.
- Supporting the Club's internship programme will also be a key aspect of the role going forwards
The candidate attributes include:
- Deliver a high standard of work in a pressurised environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to see a task through to its conclusion
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritise workloads
- Be solutions orientated
- Strong professional network
- Team player
- Full Driving Licence
- Analysis / Football background
- Eligibility to work in the UK
EQUALITY & INCLUSION:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Rangers Football club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
The candidate must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. Successful candidates will undertake a Disclosure check.
Candidates who have been selected for the interview stage will be asked to complete, as part of the application process, a task prior to the interview. This information will be reviewed alongside the application. As a result, the candidates may need to be available for multiple stages of the interview process.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Rangers FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.