Lead Academy Physiotherapist
Forest Green Rovers FC
Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Lead Academy Physiotherapist|
|Location||Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Location: Forest Green
Salary Details: DOE
About The Role
As the Lead Academy Physiotherapist for FGR you will -
- Co-ordinate and deliver a high standard of medical care for all Academy players
- Be the main point of contact for all medical concerns for Academy players
- Manage the rehabilitation of injured Academy players
- Develop medical policies and procedures for the Academy and ensure all medical equipment is well maintained
- Manage a team of part-time medical staff to ensure all sessions and games are suitably covered
- Lead the education of all Academy players in terms of injury prevention, injury care, post-match recovery, diet and drug awareness
- Recruit and manage interns to support the delivery of other MDT roles, such as sports nutrition and sports therapy
The successful candidate will have the following;
- MCSP/HCPC registered
- Musculoskeletal/Sports injury clinic experience
- Experience in the rehabilitation of sports injuries in line with return to play protocols
- D1 Driving License
- Computer skills as PMA forms a large part of recording data
- FA Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF)
- Experience within a sports performance environment
- Sport Science / S&C qualifications
This role requires a criminal records check (DBS).
Founded in 1889, Forest Green Rovers is a football club with a rich 128-year history – but we're at the forefront of something quite new here.
FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world – it's certainly true that no other football club in the world has put the environment at the heart of what it does, embedded it into its DNA like we do.
We're the only club in the world to have EMAS accreditation – the gold standard of environmental management – and we're the first and only vegan football club in the world. In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience.
Our aim is to be in the Championship within the next five years – and we're planning to build a stadium to match those ambitions, too. Designed by world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid, 'Eco Park' would be the only stadium in the world made entirely of wood.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Forest Green Rovers FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.