Crystal Palace FC
London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Psychologist|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Job Location: Crystal Palace Football Club Academy, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham Kent
Crystal Palace FC are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled individual to join our team as Academy Psychologist, focusing on the psychological preparation and development of players through the path-way. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Sports Psychology programme of the Academy across all ages in line with EPPP requirements. To positively influence the working culture and environment for both staff and players, reinforcing good practice regards performance, mental health and wellbeing.
You will be responsible for...
- Delivering a pedagogically informed psychological support programme throughout the academy
- Undertaking psychological profiling on Apprentices and Young professionals
- Designing and delivering a season long parent and coaches CPD programme to aid the support of our players
- Collaborating with player care department over delivery of suitable workshops for personal development
- Collaborating with Head of Coaching over integration of a performance psychology programme in player development curriculum
- Collaborating with Head of Coaching to contribute to the Coaches Competency Framework and appraisal
- Delivering psychological programmes to Under 18's as part of their Sporting Excellence Professional Football Apprenticeship
- Contributing to Multi-Disciplinary processes
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
- Upholding and promoting the Club's policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
You will have...
- Honours degree in Sport Psychology or related discipline.
- Master's degree in Sport Psychology or related discipline.
- Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist (Psychology) with Chartered Scientist (CSci) status through the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES), or ability to attain this within an agreed timeframe. Or;
- Chartered Sport and Exercise Psychologist (CPsychol) status through the British Psychological Society (BPS), or ability to attain this within an agreed time frame.
- Experience of working with young people and engaging hard to reach clients
- Experience of working with both players and staff in a professional sport environment
- Experience of working in a busy, pressurised environment
- Able to work on your own initiative and maintain independence within the environment
- Knowledgeable in a range of psychological therapies
- An excellent communicator
What you'll get in return...
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to work and tech scheme
- Social activities (day at the races, holiday party, team nights out)
- High level of responsibility from day one!20% Club Shop discount
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check prior to starting the role.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of what role you are applying for along with a completed application form found below.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community - view our Equality Policy.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Crystal Palace FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.