Academy Head Physiotherapist
Southend United FC
Southend, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Head Physiotherapist|
|Location||Southend, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, 7th April 2020 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Role: To effectively manage the medical services for all age groups in the Academy (Under 9-23) ensuring that the department meets all of the criteria for the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
Location: Main Training Ground, Academy Training venue, Main Stadium, away game venues/off site when required
Salary: Competitive Hours of Work Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a min of 37.5 hours per week
Qualifications & knowledge:
- Chartered Physiotherapist – HCPC registered – Essential
- The holder of a Post Grad Qualification (Sports/Physiotherapy related) from a recognised University (Desirable)
- FA AREA/ATMMiF qualification – Essential/Enrolled
- Experience of working with young elite athletes and creating/managing programmes to facilitate their long-term athletic development.u2022
- IT skills to include a high level of competence using Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint skills
- Full clean driving licence (Desirable)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Line manager for all Academy Physiotherapy staff.
- Provide a full and comprehensive medical & physiotherapy service for all Academy players from Foundation Phase to U23's.
- Implement and coordinate screening & prehab programmes for all scholars and U23's.
- Liaise daily with the Senior Academy Physiotherapist acting as their line manager and ensuring excellent communication pathways between each other and all Medical/SS staff.
- Liaise regularly with the First Team Head Physiotherapist and assist where required.
- Manage the production of regular reports regarding the progress of each player within the Academy to ensure that the appropriate Medical information is added to each player's performance clock. To include Medical department Monthly injury audit.
- Ensure that all players graduating from the Academy, whether into the U23's, or leaving the Club, do so with a completed Medical Player Performance Record as required by the EPPP guidelines.
- Undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
- Create and coordinate an effective CPD programme for Academy Medical staff as appropriate.
- Ensure the relevant Medical equipment/stock is monitored and ordered with the relevant budget.
- Ensure that the necessary medical support services and equipment are present at Academy training sessions and games.
- Ensure that the management of injuries effectively meets the Club's commitment to players,coaches and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation.
- Work with the Senior Academy Physiotherapist to ensure that appropriate injury prevention strategies are adopted.
- Work with the Lead Sports Scientist to implement effective testing in the following areas:age appropriate medical and physical screening, anthropometric assessments, physiological/ fitness testing, movement and posture / functioning screening & predictive maturation measurement.
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- The remuneration package includes a competitive salary dependant on experience.
This position requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
All employees of the Club must adhere to the rules and regulations of the EFL and Football Association and not knowingly do anything or omit to do anything which will cause the Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Rules of the Football Association or the Rules and Regulations of the EFL.
Southend United is a best practice employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.Staff should understand the Club's Safeguarding Policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an environment that is free of bullying and harassment.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Southend United FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.