Assistant First Team Performance Analyst
Norwich City FC
Norwich, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Assistant First Team Performance Analyst|
|Location||Norwich, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Performance Analysis|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Location: Lotus Training Centre, Hethersett Lane, Colney, Norwich, NR47TS
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Norwich City Football Club are recruiting for an Assistant First Team Performance Analyst to join their expanding Performance & Recruitment Analysis department. Reporting to the Head of Performance & Recruitment Analysis, the successful candidate will play an integral role in providing analytical support to the first team coaching staff & players whilst assisting with the daily operations of the department.
Main roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for first team training analysis process, including filming all first team sessions using IP cameras, live coding & feedback, management/distribution of training analysis, development of best practice databases & interactive training logs;
- Assist first team performance analysts with pre match protocols including; creation of pre match reports; penalty kick analysis, direct free kick analysis, opposition attacking highlight video packages & goals analysis;
- Creation of video databases to support pre & post-match protocols;
- Annotation of video footage using Coach Paint software for pre & post match analysis;
- Lead on post-match reporting processes & delivery to first team coaches & players;
- Management of games library & data integrations;
- Set up match day technology/workflows & filming tactical angle for live review/feedback;
- Management of online video sharing platform;
- Ad Hoc tasks as required.
- Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in Performance Analysis or equivalent;
- Minimum of one year's industry experience working within an elite analysis environment;
- Demonstrable Technical/Tactical knowledge & understanding;
- Experience of working with industry leading performance data & systems;
- Strong work ethic & commitment to the role;
- Effective communication skills;
- Receptive to feedback regarding performance and areas of development;
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a time pressured environment.
- MSc in Sports Performance Analysis or equivalent;
- FA Level 2 coaching qualification;
- Experience of using leading industry software including SportsCode, SBG MatchTracker/Focus & Chyronhego Coach Paint;
- Experience of working on Mac OS and proficient in the use of Keynote, Numbers & iBooks.
- Experience of filming & capturing training footage via IP camera systems.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Norwich City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.