Head of Academy Goalkeeping
Hull City AFC
Hull, United Kingdom
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head of Academy Goalkeeping|
|Location||Hull, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Applications must be submitted by Monday, 10th August 2020 at 6:00pm|
Job Role Details
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Location: Bishop Burton College, York Road, Bishop Burton, Beverley, HU17 8QG
Contract type: Permanent (Full time)
Closing date: 10 August 2020
Hull City Academy are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as Head of Academy Goalkeeping on a full time basis. Reporting directly to the Academy Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all goalkeeping coaches, the delivery and development of the curriculum as well as the day to day coaching and match preparation of the U18's and U23's goalkeepers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the development of long-term strategies to ensure the successful production of elite goalkeepers for all our squads
- The identification of new coaches to assist in the delivery of all sessions under EPPP guidelines
- Deliver a high standard of coaching that follow the Academy curriculum and playing philosophy
- Provide regular updates on all Academy activity and player progress to the Academy Manager & Head of Coaching
- Represent the Club and Academy in a professional manner and be a positive role model to the players at all times
- Ensure all PMA and other relevant administration tasks are up to date ensuring all part-time staff do likewise
- When required alongside the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching organise & take part in CPD events for full and part time coaches
- Work closely with all Academy Coaches to ensure smooth transition between each Academy age group
- Work closely with Head of Academy Recruitment, scouts and Development Centre staff
- Build new relationships/ partnerships that will enhance the Academy
- Ensure all six weekly reviews are completed for all GK's within the Academy and recorded on PMA
- Evaluate the goalkeeping provision within the Academy so that The APP can be reviewed at the end of each season
- Take an active part in coaching with the boys on day release
- Arrange Goalkeeper days during school holidays
- Attend all Academy Team Meetings required
- Maintain UEFA Qualifications and Emergency Aid Qualification.
- Work closely with the Academy FA Club Support Officer
- Contribute to Scouting and Talent Identification as and when directed by the Academy Manager
- Act on any information supplied by the Community Department regarding identified players, school festivals or initiatives
- Carry out additional duties / sessions as directed by The Academy Manager & Head of Academy Recruitment, Head of Coaching
- Maintain good relationships with parents, keeping them informed of information as and when required
- Overnight stays UK and overseas travel with the squads when required
- Have an understanding of individual responsibility in complying with Safeguarding and Health and Safety polices
- Any other duties commensurate with the post
The successful candidate will be required to work a three month probation period.
- UEFA B Licence
- UEFA B Licence GK
- FA Youth Modules 1-3
- Valid FA EFAiF
- Valid FA Safeguarding certificate
- UEFA A Licence
- UEFA A Licence GK
- FA Advanced Youth Award
Required Coaching Experience:
- Coaching within Academy development programme, with players aged U8-23's
- Evidence and experience of coaching a competitive team within a playing philosophy
- Knowledge or previous experience of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
- Knowledge or previous experience of the PMA
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Attention to detail.
- Maintaining the highest professional standards and at all times.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours and weekends.
- Ability to work alone & lead other staff
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices
- Work well as part of an Academy Staff
- Ability to build & maintain relationships
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Hull City AFC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that to apply for this job with our client you must first sign in to your Sport Careers member account.
If you're not already a member of Sport Careers you can create a FREE member account now.
Unsolicited applications to our client for this job role, outwith our approved application process, are likely to be ignored.