Massachusetts , United States of America (USA)
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Assistant Coach|
|Location||Massachusetts , United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Brandeis University seeks to hire an Assistant Coach. This person will assist the head coach in running a successful women's soccer program which competes as an NCAA DIII program and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA).
This includes practice and competition coaching, scouting opponents, recruiting student-athletes, design and implementation of game plans and advising and mentoring our student-athletes.
The assistant must understand and promote the mission, goals, values and educational ideals of Brandeis University, as well as the mission of the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Assists with the student-athlete recruitment effort for the women's soccer program.
- This includes traveling to high school and club contests, evaluating prospective student-athletes, submitting materials from prospective student-athletes to the Office of Admissions for early credential reviews, assisting with on-campus visits by prospects and managing the team's social media accounts.
- Assists with recruiting a diverse incoming class of women's soccer student-athletes that contribute to the continuing success of the team and to the University community at large.
- Assists with scouting of opponents and prepares scouting reports used to prepare student- athletes for competition.
- Responsible for film breakdown and implementing game plan strategies.
- Assists with the planning of all in-season practice sessions and developing an off-season training schedule and program.
- Assists with all game coaching at home and on the road.
- Assist the head coach with managing all administrative details associated with the program including travel arrangements, apparel/equipment purchases, and athletic training services.
- Teach Mind and Body modules within the University's degree-required program or complete similar department service (i.e. student-athlete development leadership, strength and conditioning programming, etc.).
- Maintain applicable required certifications and serve on department committees
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred1-3 years of relative work experience; collegiate coaching is highly preferred
- Goalkeeping coaching experience is welcome.
- Driver's license required.
- Must be qualified to be insured by the university.
- CPR/AED certification required, background check required
- Frequent travel and early morning/evening/weekend work is required.
- Requires ability to drive 12-passenger vans.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with alumni engagement and fundraising efforts.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Brandeis University is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.