Barnsley, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Secretary|
|Location||Barnsley, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||HR & Administration — Admin & Secretarial|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Essential qualifications / Experience:
- Business or management;
- Business within football administration;
- Private or public administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.
- To lead and develop the Academy's Secretarial duties in line with the Club's strategic objectives and the EPPP.
- To be responsible for coordinating and note taking in Senior Management, Technical Board and Departmental meetings.
- Maintain the administrative management of the PMA and EMS where administrative duties are required.
- Ensure that Football League rules are adhered to and executed relating to registration and signing of academy players, the training and Games programme and ensuring fully complying with Football League rules in all matters referring to regulation.
- Support the Operations Manager including DBS compliance and safer recruitment activities and Head of Education in Welfare duties and on occasions fulfil these roles in their absence.
- Support the Head Office and take on Head Office duties as and when required. Be the main contact person for all academy enquiries.
- Specific tasks
- Lead on the administrative duties for all Academy Development Phases. These tasks include:
- Oversee administrative duties for the Full Time Training Model (FTTM) and Hybrid Training Model (HTM).
- Liaising and working alongside Barnsley College and Head of Education to implement the FTTM & HTM.
- Tracking, Monitoring & Reporting on the Educational Progression within the FTTM & HTM working alongside Head of Education.
- Support Induction for apprenticeships, newly signed players and trialists across all Development Phases and completing League forms applicable to registration.
- Liaise with local schools in creating agreements and identifying educational course work.
- Support with administrative duties with regard to periodic and annual reviews.
- Support the Games Programme in providing administrative duties for both home and away fixtures, transport, officials, accommodation and meal provision and on-site payments for suppliers and providers where necessary.
- Maintain accurate records and filing systems so that records can be provided within appropriate timings.
- Maintain effective systems for the recording of CPD achievements.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and maintain high levels of working relationships.
- Liaise with, and support host families and establishments that provide accommodation and external provisions in housing scholars working alongside the Head of Education.
- Oversee the transport policy in line with safe and best practices in supporting young people using transport for mobility activities.
- Any other specific tasks relevant to the "whole-club" where administration is key to delivering high quality services.
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours (weekly) (Weekend working on occasions)
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Barnsley FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.