Birmingham City FC
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Content Producer|
|Location||Birmingham, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Media, Marketing & Communications — Digital/Social Media|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Purpose of role:
To create and produce high quality and creative, multimedia content, including audio-visual, social media and editorial football and non-football related content, for the Club's official platforms to engage supporters, sell products and enhance the image of the Club.
- To produce and edit regular football related written, video and audio content for all teams (Men's, Women's, U23's and Academy) for the Club's channels.
- To produce and edit regular non-football related written, video and audio content, to ensure maximum exposure of all Club related products. For example, kit launches, season ticket campaigns, commercial partnerships and engagement/charity activities.
To produce and lead on the Club's podcast series.
- Generate and contribute ideas to promote and enhance the Club's communication and content strategy for both football and non-football related content.
- Regularly update the Club's multi-channel and multi-media content schedule.
- Lead on the overall production and schedule of the big screen on match days.
- Conduct regular research on the latest content trends and regularly contribute new and creative ideas to drive traffic and interest to the Club's digital platforms and channels.
- Attend Club events and support with coverage on digital channels.
- Provide monthly analytic reports on engagement activity to constantly improve performance.
- Generate and contribute ideas to promote and enhance the Club's BluesTV platform and drive new subscriptions from both the UK and abroad.
- Assist the BluesTV Producer with the production of the audio-visual match day experience.
- Operate the mixing desk and oversee the live broadcast, running the necessary checks to maintain the stream.
- Be the main point of contact for external providers during the live broadcast.
- Be the main point of contact for BluesTV customer queries.
- Assist with the pre and post-match interviews when required.
- Ensure camera and audio commentary equipment and programming is set up pre-match.
- Edit and publish highlights of the matches.
- Support with the coverage of the women's team, the U18's and U23's as and when required.
- To familiarise with and adhere to all Football Association and Football League rules in regard to all media production at the Club.
- To protect the Club's brand and ensuring all material produced is in line with the Club's brand and written style guidelines.
GENERAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To represent Birmingham City Football Club at all times in a professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
- This job advert sets out current duties of the post that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility.
- Degree in Media or Journalism or relevant experience. • Other software related qualifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to write press releases/statements.
- Ability to work with and develop media relations.
- Ability to use content management systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a pressured environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills with outstanding aptitude for the English language and the ability to write concisely and fluently.
- Excellent people and communication skills with an ability to build relationships.
- Must possess an excellent understanding of appropriate content formats for each platform.
- Have a strong understanding of social media strategies and the importance of social media in online marketing.
- Will be able to source, research and produce fresh content for all channels on a daily basis to engage with our followers.
- Be responsible for the management and timing of all posts.
- Have strong communication skills for answering any customer queries and engaging with followers online.
- Have strong writing abilities and a keen eye for sourcing images.
- Be able to generate creative ideas to gain more followers across our Social Media channels.
- Proven commercial skills in all social channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Ability to edit video content.
- Ability to edit with Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premier.
- Ability to operate a camera.
- Ability to conduct interviews with the Club's Head Coach, players and key personnel when required.
- Must be able to demonstrate passion for audio-visual
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
- 37.5 hours per week
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays)
- Up to 6 months' probation
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. This role is regarded as a 'Regulated Activity' and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Full and clean UK driving licence
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Birmingham City FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.