Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
New York Knicks
New York, United States of America (USA)
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head Strength & Conditioning Coach|
|Location||New York, United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSG Sports) is a leading professional sports company, with a collection of assets that includes: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organisation, and Knicks Gaming, an NBA 2K League franchise.
MSG Sports also operates two professional sports team performance centers – the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, NY and the CLG Performance Center in Los Angeles, CA. More information is available at www.msgsports.com.
The Strength & Conditioning Coach is responsible for the creation, organisation and implementation of strength and conditioning programs for the NY Knicks.
Leads and organises all workouts from set up, to running the workouts, to cleaning and maintaining all workout equipment in good working order.
Assists in implementation and interpretation of performance monitoring and data collection, supervises assistant strength coach/performance analyst.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary:
- Assess athlete's fitness and readiness using variety of tools including anthropometrics, movement screening, power, strength and speed.
- Create, implement, adjust and monitor individual and group programs utilising a variety of training techniques.
- Works proactively and collaboratively with other team members (team physicians, athletic trainers, nutritionists, massage therapists) to achieve optimal health, wellbeing and performance of the players; including, but not limited to, assistance with injury prevention, rehabilitation, return to play activities, recovery and performance enhancement.
- Review monitoring data with training and coaching staff and assist in creation of daily workload plans.
- Performs and executes any other daily duties and responsibilities set forth by team management, Chief Medical Officer and Head Athletic Trainer.
- Must have 7+ years' experience working with elite basketball athletes and creating workout programs and plans, preferred experience with professional basketball players.
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Movement Science or related field, graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Candidate must have a CSCS certification from the NSCA.Candidate must be proficient with MS Office specifically MS Excel and comfortable to learning and operating new technologies (software & hardware)
- Candidate must have experience with monitoring programs and devices.
- Must possess superior communication skills.
- Must have experience with movement screening tools and measurements.
- 1 employee – Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach/Performance Analyst.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Travel as required with the team/athletes.Must be able bodied to assist with required weight training exercises.
- Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
- Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
New York Knicks is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.