Academy Operations Manager & Head of Education
Milton Keynes Dons FC
Milton Keynes , United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Operations Manager & Head of Education|
|Location||Milton Keynes , United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Position: Academy Operations Manager & Head of Education
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Hours per week: 5 Days per Week
Job purpose: To provide administrative and operational support to the Academy. To oversee the education delivery of the scholars (U18s), co-ordinate the SEP Apprenticeship and be the Lead the Academy Safeguarding Officer for the Academy
1. To ensure the Academy comply with all EFL rules regarding the delivery of the Academy Performance Plan (APP)
2. To be responsible for the Academy Education Programme
3. To Co-ordinate the Sporting Excellence Professional (SEP) Apprenticeship
4. To be the lead Academy Safeguarding Officer
5. To manage and contribute to the Player Care Program
- To co-ordinate all arrangements for the Academy games program including communication, transport and submission of results to the relevant bodies
- To manage the registration of all Academy players through IFAS and the PMA
- To co-ordinate any Academy events such as Parents Evenings / Inductions etc.
- To manage the support of the Academy Management Team (AMT) for all Technical Board and AMT Meetings
Academy Education Program & SEP Co-ordinator:
- To co-ordinate the education program for the Academy scholars with MK College
- Co-ordinate the planning and delivery for the Sporting Excellence Professional Apprenticeship working closely with the Head of Coaching
- To manage and deliver relevant and necessary education courses for Academy (including NVQ, SEP & player care programme).
- To maintain a relationship with the schools & parents of all the Academy players
Lead Academy Safeguarding Officer:
- Work with the senior Safeguarding Manager & Designated Safeguarding Officers to deliver the Safeguarding Action Plan for the group
- Ensure the MyConcern safeguarding reporting tool is utilised to its full potential, respond to concerns raised and produce reports.
- Conduct investigations and other incident management work in connection with safeguarding allegations and concerns including liaising with and making referrals to external agencies in line with the safeguarding policy.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to employees to ensure safeguarding is prioritised, demonstrates best practice and achieves national standards for safeguarding in sport.
- Report and refer child protection and/or poor practice complaints in line with policy guidance advised by the EFL and the FA.
u00b7 Regularly review and update safeguarding risk assessments for activities, trips and tours and support staff to develop and embed bespoke risk assessments.
- Work with line managers to ensure that members of staff complete a safeguarding induction and receive training appropriate to their work with children and vulnerable adults.
- Participate in safeguarding reviews and audits by regulatory bodies and respond to requests or enquiries from the EFL or the FA in relation to safeguarding.
- Report regularly to the Senior Safeguarding Manager on safeguarding matters and provide monthly updates for the board of directors.
- Attend safeguarding workshops and training to ensure knowledge of best practice
Player Care Program
- To ensure the Academy players experience a diverse number of workshops regarding life skills often delivered by (but not exclusively) the LFE
- To provide Academy players with support throughout their time within the Academy offering guidance and mentoring ensuring the Head of Coaching / Lead Phase is updated as to this work
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to set and meet achievable deadlines
- Willingness to learn and work under a fast paced environment
- Experience in a community or educational setting
- Experience of delivery in a wide range of environments including schools, club and community settings.
- Experience of mentoring, supporting and encouraging learners
- Recognised teaching qualification with QTS/QTLS status or equivalent
- The L4 Certificate in Education & Training
- Good communication skills
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage young people through sport and education
- A passion for ensuring the highest standards are met within a high-performance environment
- A demonstrable record of implementing Equality & Diversity policies and activities
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of safeguarding & safer recruitment practice
This Role is a regulated post and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and therefore requires an enhanced DBS.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Milton Keynes Dons FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.