Academy Age Group Coach
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Age Group Coach|
|Location||Blackpool, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and aspirational person to join the coaching team at Blackpool FC Academy as an Academy Age Group Coach.
Reporting directly to the Lead Phase coaches the successful applicant will work within our ambitious academy staff as we strive to become the best Category 3 academy in the country.
POSITION: Academy Age Group Coach
REPORTING TO: Lead Phase Coaches
The role of academy coach is in place to play a key part in developing the clubs young players through the performance pathway. Planning, delivering and review coaching sessions forms the core duties within the role of the coach.
It is also the role of the academy coach to understand the multi-disciplinary process that contributes to players development and therefore must having advanced knowledge with regards to Sports science, medical, analysis and Psychology.
The modern academy coach must also be competent in technology with the ability to present, analyse and reflect on both players and their own performance.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Plan, deliver and review age appropriate coaching sessions to players within the academy ensuring they meet the clubs playing and coaching philosophy.
- Take an active part in the clubs internal CPD programme
- Assist in all player reviews linking in with the lead phase coaches to provide reports and information.
- Provide information for all multi-disciplinary meetings that will help the clubs management team develop individual learning plans for each academy player
- Attend all academy meetings as requested by lead phase coaches.
- Provide the first line of support to academy parents where necessary
- To take an active part in the clubs CCF framework showing a positive attitude to self-development and learning.
- Be a positive role model for academy players and promote a positive environment at all times.
- Promote high standards of professionalism and conduct from all key stakeholders within the academy.
- Have experience working within a professional academy
- Hold the UEFA B license and FA Youth Award.
- Experience of coaching young players in an elite environment
- EPPP experience with regards to understanding the responsibilities of an academy coach
- Significant experience working with children
- A growth mindset with regards to developing own coaching ability
- The ability to follow instructions and work within a team environment
- Hold the UEFA A license
- Hold The FA Advanced Youth Award
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Blackpool FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.