Ipswich Town FC
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Assistant Coach|
|Location||Ipswich, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Coaching & Performance — Academy|
|Employment Terms||Fixed Term, Part Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The Academy is now recruiting for the position of Assistant Coach for The FA WSL U21 Academy programme. The successful candidate will take responsibility for assisting the Lead Coach in the coaching programme for U16-U21 year old academy players.
The Assistant Coach, full time, will be a qualified coach with experience of coaching Elite players.
In particular, the successful candidate will: -
- Support the Lead Coach in working in partnership with the FA to develop individual players across a dual career pathway
- Support the delivery of the Lead Coach in the Academy Coaching Programme in conjunction with the player development framework and to work practically with players and coaches on a daily basis.
- Develop elite female players in line with the holistic approach of the long term player development model.
- Work in conjunction with the Academy Education Officer, to promote a dual pathway.
- Provide administrative management to support the FA WSL U21 Academy programme in conjunction with the FA and act as first point of contact between ITFC and The FA
- To lead the clubs Advanced Coaching Centre (ACC)
- To oversee operations and fixtures of seniors, WSL Academy and ACC
- The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a team whilst being self-motivated and able to manage own workload.
- To develop individual players, within its regional and national programmes. Developing elite female players in line with the holistic approach of the long term player development model.
- Provide administrative management to support the Ipswich Town WU21 in conjunction with the FA and act as first point of contact between ITFC.
- Assist with the design, implement and manage the Coaching Programme in conjunction with the Lead Coach, Head of Coaching, and Academy Manager
- Contribute to the development of the Club's Football Philosophy.
- Support with transition for academy players into senior squad.
- Building relationships both internally and externally in both the male and female game.
- To manage the FA Advanced Coaching Centre as Centre Manager and operations on behalf of the FA including budgets, fixtures and running the programme.
- Support the delivery of the technical programme and supporting players in the Programme across the 4 corner model with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Contribute to player reviews as part of a multi-disciplinary process.
- Create links with external partners in the talent pathway to support the elite female development of players within the region.
- To support and manage Ipswich Town Youth Female Pathway and creating excellent relationships with the community trust and County FA.
- To work in partnership with the Education Officer to promote a united front in terms of dual pathway for elite players.
- To work with the local schools and the Academy to help raise the standards and football opportunities for girls.
- Attend all Academy staff meetings and others relevant to the role.
- Undertake equity, diversity and safeguarding awareness training.
- Be a Member of FA Licence Coaches Club retain licence by attending relevant CPD (5hrs)
- To have the ability to work with a team of multidisciplinary staff within an elite environment to develop the player in a holistic approach across the 4 corner model.
- The skills to be flexible and adaptable showing creative thinking to enhance opportunity and learning in an elite environment
- Co-ordination of operational aspect of Programme.
- Communication with all stakeholders. In particular ensure smooth communication between players and Lead Coach
- Securely maintain all files & data base.
- Commit to training of the Academy Performance Management Application (PMA) and managing data input as appropriate
- Provide administration support to the Lead Coach of the programme.
- Managing of documentation in connection with player's participation.
- Attend and minute meetings, follow up action points and report to FA and Academy AMT.
- Hold standard templates & letters identified in the 'Operational Documents' sections of the APP for use when appropriate.
- Prepare relevant papers for FA & ISO inspection.
- Be familiar with appropriate Rules and regulations
- Designated safeguarding officer for women's programme.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POST
- Organisational skills.
- Excellent reporting skills (verbal and written) Effective communication skills verbal ad written in varies was depending on audience?
- Competent with IT skills/programmes eg Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience coaching at youth elite level
- UEFA 'B' Licence qualification (Working towards UEFA 'A' on a course starting 2021)
- FA Youth Module 3
- Current enhanced FA CRB check.
- Emergency Aid Certificate.
- Safe guarding Certificate
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR POST
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Experience coaching in the elite female game in Talent Pathway or WSL
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Ipswich Town FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.