New York Red Bulls
New York , United States of America (USA)
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Data Analyst|
|Location||New York , United States of America (USA), North America|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The New York Red Bulls are one of 26 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey.
The three-time MLS Supporters' Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
We are currently looking for an extremely diligent, innovative, hard working individual to join our expanding scouting department as a Data Analyst. The candidate is expected to portray high levels of self motivation and poses the ability to work as part of a team in an elite working environment. Candidates must have previous data analytics experience at the professional level in sport, specifically in the area of athlete identification and tracking.
The position focuses on the Red Bull New York (MLS) team, although it will also support NYRB II (USL) and the Red Bulls' Academy. The successful candidate will be positioned within the scouting department at either the Red Bulls Training Facility located on Melanie Lane, Whippany, New Jersey or the RBL Training Facility, Leipzig, Germany (location TBD depending on candidate related variables).
This is a full-time position focusing on all aspects of data analysis to support the player recruitment process within the scouting department. The successful candidate will at times be expected to work unsociable hours including evenings and weekends, at the discretion of the Head of Scouting.
- Utilise data analysis and interpretation methods to provide an objective perspective to scouting
- Create statistical reports using specified data sets for the identification of potential players
- Create and maintain a database for player profiling using data sets applicable to our philosophy
- Create player comparison models based on internal data sets and information acquired Identify market trends through the use of data analysis to support the identification process Conduct data driven research on the demographics of select territories and pools of players
- Build and maintain a database highlighting potential emerging talents & career trajectories
- Build and maintain an evolution & risk management database from an objective perspective
- Stay ahead of trends using research and data analytics to enhance our advantage in the market
- All other duties as assigned by the Head of Scouting
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job:
- Experience in the filed of statistical analysis, interpretation and delivery
- Possess excellent communication, organisational, and time-management skills
- Experience utilising a variety of statistical software platforms (R/Python/Tableu/Opta/InStat)
- Proficiency in presentation building tools (Microsoft Office/Apple Office)
- Strong attention to detail, working diligently with accuracy under time constraints
- Candidate will be required to work varying schedules including weekends Bring a natural enthusiasm to data analysis in the field of professional soccer
- Bachelor's degree in Statistical Analytics, Sport Science, or related area of study (preferred)
- Masters degree in Statistical Analytics, Statistical Algorithms or related area of study (desirable)
- Candidate must have prior working experience as a data analyst at the professional level of sport (preferred)
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
New York Red Bulls is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.