Head of Media & Communications
Swansea City AFC
Swansea, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Head of Media & Communications|
|Location||Swansea, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Media, Marketing & Communications — Digital/Social Media|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
Purpose of Role:
To work towards ensuring Swansea City Football Club and its employees are portrayed in the local, national, and global media as an ambitious, financially stable, fan-orientated, family-friendly, and caring community organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To manage the day-to-day running of the media department - its full-time staff, plus part-time match-day staff - and advise club employees at all levels on public relations matters.
Overseeing the content provision and creating a thorough and creative media strategy across all areas of the club internally (matchday programme, website, social media and SwansTV) and externally (press, media and PR, both written and broadcast formats)
Direct responsibility for advising all club staff (playing and non-playing) and setting media policy / protocol; dealing with press enquiries; arranging and overseeing interviews pre and post-match (home and away); meeting the requirement of the EFL and rights-holding media partners; assisting in the development of the commercial aspects of the club such as SwansTV, matchday programme and new media (internet and social media) opportunities.
To manage and assist in producing content for the matchday programme (including the responsibility for final sign off for digital and print), in-house publications, website, SwansTV and any external PR / communication / media requirements.
Matchday management of all areas related to media, including accreditation for written press and rights-holding radio and TV broadcasters. To facilitate the club's own media requests for away fixtures.
- To manage the content and delivery of a full matchday, including digital media, big screens, SwansTV LIVE and full press activity at the Liberty Stadium
- To manage the programme from production to our match day sellers and ensure all programme sales and stock are correct.
- To liaise, advise and update the club Chairman / CEO, Board members, senior management staff and team manager regarding media and PR matters.
- To help improve and promote the club's community image and projects by coordinating with the club's Community Trust department and initiatives launched by the club's commercial / marketing / inclusion arms.
- Coordinate and assist with the commercial, marketing, stadium management, retail and ticketing departments on stories and information for internal and external media use.
- To advise on PR issues and concerns before release.
- To maintain management control of any media budgets agreed by the CEO / CFO.
- To be available outside of 'usual' business hours to deal with urgent matters.
- To oversea the media department, providing support to the Media Manager and extended media team.
- To manage the annual leave and sickness recording for the media department
- To manage and coordinate performance reviews for the media department, liaising with the Media Manager regarding individual performance and capability
- Follow all Club Policies, such as Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption & Bribery and GDPR.
- Make suggestions to improve the working environment and contribute to positive employee relations within your area of work and Swansea City Football Club as a whole.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To comply with all aspects of the Swansea City Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety
- Ensure effective communication within your work team and across Swansea City whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Swansea City AFC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.