Charlton Athletic FC
London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Academy Physiotherapist|
|Location||London, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Sports Science & Medicine — Doctor|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
As an Academy Physiotherapist, you will be responsible for assisting the Lead Academy Physiotherapist and Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine with all aspects of medical provision within the Academy for the U9-U23 age-groups.
Manage all aspects of the Academy and provide an integral and efficient service to the Medical Department.
This role will provide all daily medical provision for training, matches and rehabilitation to our U23 age-group.
- Work in conjunction with the Lead Academy Physiotherapist for provision of all physiotherapy duties associated with the Academy, in particular the U9-U23 teams
- Co-ordinate part-time physiotherapy cover for youth tournaments, friendlies and weekend matches
- To lead on all clinical testing and screening of the U23s, liaising with the Sports Science team, where appropriate
- Cover Academy evening training sessions
- Assist with sport science provision throughout the academy, that may include pitch, gym-based sessions, and GPS monitoring
- Musculo-skeletal assessment of Academy team players
- Anthropometric measurements of U9-U16 players.
- Information to be added to PMA and reported to coaching staff
- Diagnose and treat, all injuries sustained by Academy players
- Attend specialist appointments/radiology exams with injured U23 players
- Keep daily records of treatments and record injuries on the PMA system and audit injuries throughout the season
- Ensure all academy players' medical files are up to date and stored securely
- To undertake CPD organised by the Club
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- BSc degree in Physiotherapy (E)
- Advanced First Aid including ATMiFF or equivalent (E)
- Registration with appropriate governing body (HPC and CSP) (E)
- MSc degree in physiotherapy or related field (D)
- UKSCA Accreditation (D)
- FA Safeguarding Children Certificate (D)
- Experience working as a Physiotherapist within elite sport (D)
- Experience of working with young athletes (E)
- Experience of working within paediatrics (D)
- Experience of working within professional football (E)
- Excellent IT skills (E)Strong knowledge in LTAD of adolescents within an academy system (D)
- Confident with delivering strength and conditioning gym-based sessions (D)
- Competent and personable with good time management skills (E)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure (E)
- High degree of personal drive and motivation (E)
- Ability to understand and adapt to the culture of a professional football club (E)
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration (E)
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success (E)
- Proactively takes on new responsibilities and seek out opportunities to learn new skills (E)
- Must be accountable for delivering results within assigned levels of accountability (E)
- This a full-time role that include work on weekends and evenings
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UKCharlton Athletic is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure
As such, this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate must disclose all convictions spent convictions should be declared, that have not been subject to filtering by the DBSCharlton Athletic FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Charlton Athletic FC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.