Lead Data Scientist
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline Passed
This job post has reached its closing date and has now been closed. Please search our job board for our current job listings.
Job Role Summary
|Job Title||Lead Data Scientist|
|Location||Sunderland, United Kingdom, Europe|
|Function||Scouting, Recruitment & Performance Analysis — Consultancy|
|Employment Terms||Permanent, Full Time|
|Closing Date||Closing date and time for applications passed|
Job Role Details
The successful applicant will have strong communication and presentation skills with creative problem solving to lead in the development, maintenance and improvement of operational processes aligned to the roadmap that builds in structured decision making and governance.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Undertake ad-hoc research as required by Head of Analysis and Data.
- Ensure familiarity with all technology and data developments relevant to football operations, including those that originate in other sports and industries.
- Collaborate with the Head of Data and Analysis to identify, procure and manage all technology supporting football operations.
- Create data architecture to support the football and business operations.
- Line Manage junior data scientists and interns as required.
- Support the design, development and implementation of all data / technological services for football operations.
- Collaborate with the Performance Analysts to optimise the pre- and post-match analytical service.
- Collaborate with the Head of Analysis and Data and Head of Player Recruitment in defining player modelling from player profiles set by the Sporting Director.
- Support the Head of Player Recruitment in the creation of a player recruitment platform.
- Collaborate with the Head of Coaching in the creation and development of an automated match report in line with the Club's playing philosophy.
- Collaborate with the Head of Coaching in the creation and development of an automated coaching report in line with the Club's coaching philosophy.
- Provide updates as per the meeting schedule identifying trends and insights from the data collection
- Support the design, development and implementation of all data / technological services for business operations.
- Work with the business analyst to improve the quality of sales and marketing information and reporting.
The position is full time (40 hours per week), with working hours being flexible around business demands and include evening and weekend work, home matches and special events as required.
You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain your up-to-date knowledge and qualifications, and/or as organised by the club
Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Sunderland AFC is committed to eliminating discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.